Deadline: December 10, 2023
Application are open for the VC4A Venture Showcase Latam 2023. The VC4A Venture Showcase creates the platform for early-stage startups to rapidly progress into high-impact, expanding and scalable companies. They offer participants a unique networking opportunity and introduction to the main funds and investors in the region.
In 2022, startups founded by Latinas obtained less than 1% of venture capital available in Latin America. Lack of networks, knowledge, access to capital, and high-value markets further broaden these gaps. In the effort to turn the tide, VC4A proposes to launch the Venture Showcase – Women Founder Edition.
They are looking for up to 10 innovative, high-growth, female-led startups to present to the global network of impact investors focused on Latin America.
- Are you operating in LatAm and/or in the Caribbean?
- Are you tech-enabled?
Does your company have a social and/or environmental impact?
- Does your company have at least one woman in a management or C-suite position?
- Are you raising Seed or Series A capital?
- Mentorship and technical support by partner VC investors;
- Being recognized as an up and coming startup in the 2023-2024 VC4A Venture Showcase;
- Inclusion in the VC4A Venture Showcase dealbook, shared with the VC4A early stage investors Network;
- Participation in the Venture Showcase deal room, engaging directly with interested investors, 45-minute deep-dive session with investors in a private room;
- Joining the alumni network and having exclusive access to partner events and fundraising opportunities;
- Access to VC4A partners, perks and credits.
Your company must:
- Offer a product or service that is tech-enabled.
- Be for-profit and registered as an independent legal entity;
- Have a product or service available on the market that is generating revenue, designed for scale, and clearly creating (measurable) impact;
- Have a very strong management team comprising at least 3 people, where at least one is a woman in a C-suite or executive team position;
- Be based in and targeting one or more countries in Latin America or the Caribbean;
- Be seeking to raise Seed or Series A rounds.
- Preference will be given to businesses generating social and/or environmental impact.
- The program will be 100% in Spanish– participants should be fluent in Spanish.
- While there will be exceptions, it is anticipated that most startups will have already received a round of external investment prior to the program and/or received grants from donor organizations.
- Innovativeness and Scalability (20%) – Company addresses a real problem in the market in a clearly innovative way. The product or service is different to others in the industry. The business model is new, disruptive and designed for scale.
- Social, economic and/or environmental impact (20%) – Company addresses a social, economic and/or environmental issue and is able to show the impact your product or service is making in the lives of people in Latin America.
- Strategy for Growth (20%) – There is potential to expand into new markets or expand at home. There is a clear strategy on how to grow impact and demonstrable progress in terms of customer acquisition plans, new contracts, and key partnerships.
- Management team (20%) – The team has the qualifications and experience needed to make the business successful.
- Market Traction & Financials (20%) – Market traction and the potential market size will be evaluated. The company’s business model, revenue streams, unit economics and previous funding rounds will come into consideration.
For more information, visit VC4A.