Deadline: December 23, 2023
Applications are open for the UN SDSN Youth Nigeria SDGs Advocate Programme (Cohort 5). The SDGs Advocate Programme is designed as a 4-month intensive training and advocacy programme for Nigerian Youths. The training includes 20+ lectures, original readings, and comprehensive assessments that will allow young actors and changemakers to deepen their understanding of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The goal of this programme is to build a community of exceptional young leaders who will champion and promote SDGs advocacy across the nation. This programme seeks to offer youths between the ages of 18-35 years an opportunity to become one of Nigeria’s SDGs advocates, supporting them in the achievement of the SDGs across the 36 states in Nigeria. It promotes the active participation of youths and the creation of long-lasting change in their communities or immediate environments whilst also contributing to global goals.
The following opportunities and benefits will be available to participants of the SDGs Advocate Programme:
- Acquiring knowledge and skills on the SDGs, advocacy, and leadership.
- World Recognition and Certification for outstanding performance and contributions towards the achievement of the SDGs
- Building a network of like-minded young leaders committed to promoting sustainable development.
- Gaining access to mentors who will provide guidance and support throughout the programme.
- Developing practical skills in project management, community engagement, and advocacy.
- Building their resumes and enhancing their career prospects.
- SDSN Membership Access upon Completion.
- Applicant must be Nigerian between the ages of 18 – 35 years.
- Ability to commit at least 4 hours per week throughout the programme.
- Availability to partake in virtual training.
- Interested in being a development and transformation agent
- Applicants must not necessarily be acquainted with the knowledge of the SDGs 2030
Selected applicants will be onboard and enrolled in the 4-month intensive training and advocacy programme starting in January 2024.
For more information, visit SDGs Advocate Programme.