Social Innovation Driven Entreprenuership (SIDE) Project
Sectors in focus:
Food, Education, Employment, Health, Climate and Environment.
Creating digital solutions to solve local challenges:| Female start-up founders and innovators are highly encouraged to apply
The objective of the Social Innovation Driven Entrepreneurship (SIDE) is to support commercially viable and innovative digital solutions that reduce poverty challenges through identified market & sector gaps affecting undeserved populations in Nigeria. The project seeks to meet the primary purpose of DAP as well as attract startup investments and measure the tangible impact on improved access to much-needed basic services from solutions identified from the program. Inclusive of the SIDE project, is a 4-month startup development program targeted at scaling identified solutions through a lean innovation scale approach where solutions are based on relevant data sets and a sustainable business model.
The fundamentals guiding the call for innovations are based on several overarching questions around innovation expressions, gathering and developing. The thinking involves the following; How can visionary innovators and dynamic startups collaborate with government agencies, private sector leaders, and impact-thinking investors to cultivate an ecosystem that fosters and amplifies social-driven entrepreneurship in Adamawa, Edo, Enugu, Kaduna, Kwara, and Osun States that are digitally inclined? Are there identified local challenges from state-focused mapping? and are start-ups and innovators creating solutions fit to address those local issues at scale in key sectors of the economy?
- Start-ups/Innovators in Ideation, Minimum Viable Product (MVP) or Early stage of development.
- Start-ups/Innovators addressing challenges within the following sectors : Education, Employment, Food, Health, Climate change and environment.
- Start-ups & Innovators operating within the geographic boundaries of Adamawa, Edo, Enugu, Kaduna, Kwara and Osun states.
- Participate in a dynamic venture development program designed to promote your tech innovations
- Enjoy access to potential investors through an opportunity to pitch on the Demo Day
- Enjoy access to a ready market, providing your tech solution with a launchpad for immediate impact and growth.
- Benefit from continuous support and mentorship as you navigate the post-venture development phase.
Successful solutions will not only contribute to the development of an enabling and supportive digital entrepreneurship ecosystem in the focus states, but also foster economic growth, job creation, and empower local communities.
Practicality of proposed solutions
Development and potential growth impact on the entrepreneurship landscape of the state
Scalability and digitization of proposed initiatives
Ingenuity and creativity in the proposed strategies
Ability to address the specific challenges faced by entrepreneurs in the State