OGAP Oil & Gas Internship program is an opening for young Nigerians to attend an industry-appointed college for 21 months, gaining various qualifications.
Being an apprentice allows you to gain recognized qualifications, combined with practical training with some of the world’s most innovative oil and gas companies.
OGTAP Oil & Gas Internship Program Details:
The Oil and Gas Technical Apprentice Programme (OGTAP), managed by OPITO and the ECITB, is recognized as one of the most successful apprenticeship schemes of its kind.
Established in 1999, the scheme continues to grow in stature and offers a reputable learning experience whilst providing the oil and gas industry with suitably skilled, trained, and motivated technicians.
OGTAP apprentices have the opportunity to gain recognized qualifications, combined with practical training hosted by OGTAP sponsoring companies.
Eligibility Requirements for Oil and Gas Technical Apprentice 2024 Program
To be considered for the OGTAP Oil & Gas Internship Program, you must:
1. Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the OGTAP Scheme. Applicants are to note that they will be required to verify their NIN before proceeding with the application (NIMC verification charges apply). ALSO NOTE THAT MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
2. Must be 16-35 years of age by May of the year of applying,
3. Ordinary Level (O’ Level) WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, or NBAIS – either external (GCE) or internal and must have a credit grade C in the following subjects.
- One Other
4. We will also consider your application if you have the below qualifications in Engineering, Science, and other related fields.
- Diploma (OND & Others)
- Higher National Diploma (HND, NCE & Others)
- Bachelor’s Degree (BSC/BENG & Others)
- Post Graduate (PGD/MSC/PHD & Others)
We welcome applications from anybody who meets the entry requirements with an interest in pursuing a career in this field.
Benefits of the 2024 OGTAP Oil & Gas Internship Program
Apprentices attend an industry-appointed college for 21 months, gaining various qualifications including:
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) Level 2 (Performing Engineering Operation)
- National Certificate (multi-discipline)
- Higher National Certificate (allocated discipline)
- OPITO Global Standards – Oil and Gas Level 2
After college, OGTAP apprentices spend two years with a sponsoring energy company where they receive expert training and mentoring, gaining industry-specific skills as well as an SVQ Level 3 in their chosen discipline.
Program offered by the OGTAP Internship Program
The program is offered in four key disciplines:
- Electrical Maintenance
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Process Operations
- Instrumentation and Control Maintenance
Here’s a taster from our OGTAP Champions explaining why it’s one of the most sought-after apprenticeships globally:
How to Apply for the OGTAP Oil & Gas Internship Program
The 2024 OGTAP INTERNSHIP PROGRAM welcomes applications from anybody who meets the entry requirements with an interest in pursuing a career in this field.