Deadline: January 12, 2024
Applications are open for the New Europe College Fellowship Program 2024/2025. Romanian and international scholars at postdoctoral level in all fields of the humanities and social sciences (including law and economics) are invited to apply.
Fellows are expected to work on their projects and take part in the scientific events organized by NEC; presence at the weekly seminars discussing the work in progress of the Fellows is compulsory. At the end of their Fellowship, Fellows are expected to hand in a research paper, reflecting the results of their work over the duration of the Fellowship. The papers will be included in a NEC publication.
- The Fellowship consists of a monthly stipend of 850 Euros (tax free); accommodation in Bucharest, comprising living quarters and working space; reimbursement of travel costs from the home/residence country to Bucharest and back.
- Fellows who stay for the whole academic year are offered a one-month research trip to an institution of their choice. Fellows have free access to the NEC library and electronic resources.
- NEC Fellowships are open to postdoctoral level scholars, Romanian and international, in all fields of the humanities and social sciences.
- High quality of the candidate’s academic trajectory and publications, participation in international research;
- Innovative research proposal with significant contribution to scholarship;
- Interdisciplinary and/or comparative approaches are an advantage.
- Candidates need to upload several documents to the application platform:
- a recent photo
- a scan of the PhD diploma
- at least two original letters of reference (in English, French, or German) written explicitly to support the application for the NEC Fellowship. Once the candidate has submitted the application, the referees receive an automatic message with the link and the deadline for uploading the letter. It is recommended that candidates announce the referees in advance that letters of reference are to be submitted by January 18, 2024.
- Candidates can upload their CV.
- Candidates need to answer all questions in the application form without exceeding the allotted space.
- The project description shall not exceed 12,000 characters (with spaces), including bibliographical references. The project should describe the state of research in the candidate’s particular area of interest and indicate the objectives.
Applications (in English, French or German) will be submitted in electronic format only, using the online form available here.
For more information, visit New Europe College Fellowship.