Deadline: January 31, 2024
Applications are open for the McDonnell International Scholars Academy Fellowship Program 2024-2025. The McDonnell International Scholars Academy fellowship program cultivates a community of culturally and academically diverse leaders who will address the world’s most complex challenges by driving positive and lasting change.
Through its longstanding international partnerships, the program is an incubator of groundbreaking ideas that advance collaborative interdisciplinary research. A transformational experience, the Academy enhances leadership capacity through mentorship, professional development, and unique engagement opportunities. It is this foundation that builds the character and conviction to lead with a global mindset and social responsibility. McDonnell Scholars are selected based on their ability to emerge as leaders who are experts in their fields with perspectives that reflect cultural competence. Scholars are given a generous financial package to support their graduate and professional degree studies at Washington University in St. Louis.
McDonnell Scholars receive both financial and programmatic support, including:
- full tuition and a monthly living stipend;
- a relocation expense allowance and travel allowance;
- opportunity to reside in private, modern cohort housing within walking distance to campus, and;
- multifaceted instruction, cultural experiences, dedicated mentorship, and an expansive worldwide network of students and alumni.
- Open to prospective graduate and professional degree students who plan to attend Washington University in St. Louis and enroll in one of a select group of full-time doctoral or master’s degree programs.
- Applicants must have earned or plan to earn a bachelor’s degree or higher before the end of the 2023-24 academic year (July 2024).
- This fellowship is not available for undergraduate studies.
- Applicants from all countries are welcome. However, priority is given to international graduate candidates who are graduates of one of the Academy’s Partner Universities.
Applicants must apply to an eligible WashU doctoral or master’s degree program. Application to the McDonnell Academy is separate from and in addition to an application to a graduate degree program at Washington University in St. Louis. Applicants must apply separately to both the McDonnell Academy and the WashU doctoral or master’s program.
For more information, visit McDonnell International Scholars Academy.