Job Title: Welder (Cement Industry)
Ref No: Mechanical-Obajana-001
Location: Kogi, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- Perform a variety of tasks pertaining to fabrication, installation, maintenance, repair and service of mechanical equipment, instruments and structures used within the plant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Shift Technicians to identify problematic equipment/machines in the plant and effect repairs promptly.
- Implement SOP’s for maintenance.
- Execute corrective maintenance on all assigned equipment/ machines in a timely manner.
- Assist to ensure safety precautions are observed and personal protection equipment are worn during repairs or scheduled maintenance.
- Take inventory of working tools weekly to ensure that it matches the original tool list provided.
- Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments.
- Replace minor fixtures in the plant machines.
- Participate in plant safety, health and environmental programs.
- Enter data into ERP system (e.g. SAP) for spares and consumables.
Education and Work Experience:
- Trade test 1 or its equivalent in mechanical trade.
Skills and Competencies:
- Basic knowledge of cement production process
- In-depth knowledge of the cement packing machines/ functions and procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!