Job Title: Warehouse Tally Clerk
Location: (Pulka and Gwoza) Borno
- The Warehouse Tally Clerk is responsible for accounting and maintaining the records for all commodities received, stored and dispatched in compliance with Plan International and donor (WFP) guidelines.
- The Warehouse Tally Clerk is responsible for documentation of commodity transactions in the warehouse, including receipt, storage and delivery of all food commodities
Dimensions of the Role:
- The Warehouse Tally Clerk is responsible for maintaining and accounting all commodities records for received, stored and dispatched for the WFP programme according to the methodologies and guidelines provided by the donor (WFP) and Plan International.
Management of Commodity receipt:
- Conduct a thorough inspection of all trucks on arrival at the warehouse, ensure that trucks are properly covered with tarpaulins and there are no unauthorized commodities mixed with the food.
- Fill the truck inspection report before commencement of offloading.
- Scrutinize all waybills to ensure that the commodities are off correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill.
- Supervise the offloading staff during the process of offloading commodities and make sure that its properly undertaken and ensure commodities are carefully inspected, counted during offloading before being accepted into the warehouse.
- Stack commodities according to types and batch number/expiration and on pallets ensuing a space of one meter between stacks, wall, stacks and ceiling are maintained.
- Report any shortage, damaged, expired and excess to the warehouse supervisor and reflect such difference in all copies of the delivery documents.
- Fill all stack cards immediately after completing stacking.
- Fill in all forms (waybill loading & offloading tally sheet and random weighting form) during and immediately after completing the offloading process. Record all quantities delivered short, quantities lost on transit and damaged if any.
Management of Commodity Dispatches:
- Dispatch food commodities based on approved commodity dispatch authorization.
- Ensure all documents for commodity dispatch have been correctly and completely filled from the warehouse.
Mitigation of Commodity Losses:
- Use the FIFO principle for commodity. Commodity arriving first must be dispatch first except for reconstituted commodities.
- Use FEFO principle where we have commodities with short shelf life.
- Stack damaged bags separately.
- Record quantities of damaged units for each consignment.
- Short weight and damaged bags are reconstituted immediately.
- Reconstitute bags should be dispatched first.
Maintain of Shipment and loss / damage register:
- Responsible for maintaining the shipment and loss / damage register for the warehouse.
- Maintain a register for all commodity shipment received.
- Maintain a shipment file with the original supporting documents of each shipment of commodities received.
- Maintain a register for all losses / damaged that were incurred in the warehouse during commodity movement.
- Ensure warehouse compound is clean and free from debris, rodents and have good ventilation.
- Ensure that the warehouse floor, walls and ceiling is clean at all time.
- Ensure the warehouse door are well fitting, secure and sound.
- Ensure placement of first aid and firefighting equipment in strategic locations in the warehouse.
- Conduct routine inspection of warehouse to detect any infestation and inform the warehouse supervisor.
- Conduct weekly / monthly stock count to ensure accountability for all stored commodities at the warehouse.
- Working contacts inside and outside the organization
- Support the preparation of reports for commodity received, dispatched and stored.
- Provide timely responses concerning queries linked with relevant projects or programmes.
- Report to the Warehouse Officer.
- Work with other members of the programme units to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Good communication, interpersonal and computer skills
- OND in Business / Management Studies or relevant advanced level certificate
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in warehouse work.
- Work experience in an NGO setup will be an added advantage
- Fluent in written English and spoken Hausa language.
- Any relevant training or certification warehouse management will be an added advantage.
- Fulfil Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to prevent children from all forms of child abuses.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver PLAN’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Based at LGA level with travel to the project site
Level of contact with children:
- High contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have very frequent contact with children. It is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicant from Borno State are encouraged to apply.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location (Pulka and Gwoza) Borno