Job Title: Vice President, Ecommerce (Online Marketplace)
Employment Type: Full – Time
Reports to: MD / CEO
- The Vice President Ecommerce (Online Marketplace) must be someone with reasonable experience of managing technology driven trading, online merchandising and merchant engagement.
- The ideal candidate must be someone with extensive leadership experience in sales especially in an ecommerce environment, and pragmatic strategies to deliver results in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, balancing strategy and execution to deliver the revenue targets for the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the global performance of the online marketplace operations of the business
- Prepare and own the online budget and actively drive sales through online marketplace
- Ensure the execution and delivery of digital marketing campaigns to enhance brand profile
- Continually review the e-commerce platform offerings to improve customer journey experience
- P&L Management – Ownership of annual budgets.
- Business Strategy – New business opportunities, Channel strategy, Stakeholder Management
- Partnerships – merchant engagement and management, technology optimization and merchandising
- Continually drive improvements in the user experience and customer journey across all online touch points, and supporting conversion rate optimization activities
- Working closely with pertinent e-commerce partners to drive maximum benefit for customers and return on investments
- Develop and implement commercial strategies that aligns with company goals and objectives of order-count growth and revenue acceleration
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Promote and expand the company’s marketplace scope and operations that will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth
- Identify new commercial opportunities and manage marketing efforts
- Keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to upper management, participate in company strategy meetings to advise the Board on key revenue drivers.
- Act to acquire new customers and responsible for overall management of customer experience (new and existing)
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.) outputs as it affects the online marketplace activities
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
Performance Goals / Indicators:
- Develop commercial roadmap for online marketplace
- Understand customer demand and consumer patterns
- Grow transaction/order-count volume, grow revenue and profit index
- Deliver competitive and innovative market initiatives, launch new product categories/ channels that drive customer acquisition and revenue
- Grow marketing support from brands, Deliver successful promotion
- A driven senior level and experienced Ecommerce Manager who has previously worked as a successful sales giant within a consumer-focused e-commerce, Retail or FMCG business
- A graduate of over 10 years with a strong academic profile, an appetite to work in a high growth start-up environment
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
- Entrepreneurial mindset and great leadership and management skills
- Creative strategist with excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in IT/software routines
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Great communicator (fluency in English language is mandatory)
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated word doc CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!