Total Health Trust Limited (THT), Nigeria’s leading Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) was founded in 1997 and commenced operations in June 1998. Renowned by our stakeholders for our reliability, we have been connecting our members to healthcare providers since 1998. Our unrivalled 18 years industry track record has seen us build a formidable reputation in Nigeria and we remain the HMO of choice for over 300,000 members and over 500 corporate clients and government institutions. We were the first HMO to be registered in Nigeria and 18 years later, we are still number one in the market. We are one of the very few HMOs that can boast the financial and technical backing of a world class company – Liberty Health (a member of the Liberty Group).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Underwriter
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Underwriting Analyst will analyze medical products, concepts and rating techniques.
- The ultimate goal is preparation for accurately quantifying risk and return of prospective and existing business through analyses of trend, claims experience and premium collection, among other factors.
- He /She will work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, collaborating with team members to strengthen bottom line financial results by analyzing and reporting medical insurance policy premiums appropriately.
- THT is looking for a self-starter who has demonstrated analytical skills, a mathematical mind, good communication skills, and strong common sense.. Working with our field staff and customers, you’ll negotiate rates that are profitable and that meet our customer’s financial needs.
- Provides underwriting support for new business and/or renewals, accountings and/or specialized functions.
- Produces timely and accurate quotes, proposals, medium to large case renewals.
- Analyzes input/outputs for reasonability (e.g., manual rates, benefit revisions, recorded claims, premiums, reserves, account structure, etc.).
- Performs risk assessment functions as directed (e.g., claim determination and membership analysis) to set appropriate premium.
- Utilizes rating/financial tools, reference materials, prior carriers data and source systems for premium, membership and claim information.
- Applies underwriting guidelines in qualifying risk of adding new members.
- Requests additional information as necessary and explains needs.
- Maintains integrity of source data and/or accounting data systems.
- Identifies and collects information critical to decision making.
- To assist and train junior underwriter.
- Strong math aptitude is essential.
- Analytical, critical thinking, and decision-making skills are essential.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex information in simplified terms.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment and be adaptable to changing priorities.
- Candidate must have at least 1 year experience
- The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in Statistics, Insurance, and/ or Mathematics.
- Microsoft Desktop Tools.
N100,000.00 – N150,000.00 / month.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!