Job Title: TTS Nigeria Sales Head
Job ID: 20227899
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Institutional Sales
Job Background / context
- The job is critical in driving cash and trade sales momentum across the GSG and Corporate client base in Nigeria, .
- The job is dependent on support from Cash and Trade Product for solutions and client coverage teams for access to clients.
- Build and leverage client relationships to grow Citi’s share of client’s TTS wallet.
- Provide customized cash & trade solutions based on an in-depth knowledge of existing product suite in order to entre nch Citi, increase share of wallet and ultimately position Citibank as strategic partner to Top Corporates & Multinationals.
- Achieve Sales Goal (WINS) for Cash and trade products: $mm
This Role involves:
- Developing an in-depth understanding of TM names in order to assess the Cash & Trade wallet and identify opportunities which will translate into sales.
- Developing a focused sales strategy in order to capture share of wallet.
- Structuring and executing both standard as well as non-standard cash & trade solutions.
- Managing Cash & Trade deal pipeline, execution and support in conjunction with various RM’s.
Provide Product Sales Expertise to the GSG and Corporate Banking Organization:
- Originate, structure, and close cash & trade deals. Take on role as deal primary, by structuring cash & trade solutions against customer opportunities sourced directly or by the Relationship Managers.
- Develop and maintain product expertise, regularly update product knowledge as appropriate.
- Grow TTS Sales in the GSG & Corporate Banking client segments.
- Manage a portfolio of clients, taking responsibility and accountability for delivering the TTS platform/product suite.
- Primary point of contact and accountability for TTS related activities for the client and the RMs
- Source new business and retain existing business to achieve TTS total revenue goals.
- Work closely with TTS product organization on prioritizing new leads and contribute as a member of the deal team as appropriate.
- Ensure the consistent, professional delivery of sales and client management disciplines including account plans covering TTS business, call reporting, lead generation and TTS relationship reviews.
- Drive overall client satisfaction with the TTS platform and build customer loyalty.
- Ongoing training and up-skilling of Sales & Coverage team on cash & trade products/solutions in order to maximize opportunity identification/solution selling capabilities.
Manage the Deal Pipeline Process from Identification through to Implementation:
- Pipeline discipline: Manage the deal pipeline process, by keeping CRM up-to-date, from identification through to implementation. Ensure TTS pipeline for Nigeria is input in CRM/Siebel and that it reflects accurately the deal status.
- Assemble the appropriate deal team.
- Work with TTS client management & Coverage to package the best solution to meet the customer’s needs.
- Champion complex deals or multi-product opportunities through the deal review process.
- Manage internal communication and pipeline update process keeping the TTS Product & Sales management, the TTS Client Manager and coverage owner informed as appropriate.
- Drive client communications including RFP’s and pitch books in coordination with Relationship Manager & Product units.
- Negotiate key terms with client/resolving issues between product and client.
- Interface with the product organization on deal pricing and coordinate cross-product pricing.
- Ensure efficient and effective transition post-mandate to the implementation team.
- Ensure lost deals are properly documented including why we lost and to which competitor.
- Coordinate inter-regional trade deals with counterparts globally.
Reflect the needs of our customers back to the Product Organization:
- Communicate opportunities in our delivery of Product solutions to clients
- Communicate opportunities in our sales positioning materials to the Product, Marketing and Training.
- Ensure efficient and effective transition post-mandate to the implementation team by completing tasks required.
- Role in the coverage team
- Role in the product organisation
Qualifications / Education
- University degree. Graduate level at a minimum.
- MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Individual should have 3+ years experience in cash and trade sales, product management or other relevant areas.
- Minimum 15 years post graduation experience out of which 12 years must have been in the banking industry with at least 2 years as a deputy general manager.
- Experience in delivering results and meeting financial plans
- Risk assessment/credit experience (preferred)
- Planning and analysis of product metrics and balance sheets
- Experience in dealing with relatively complex documentation.
- Interaction with Seniors within organization (eg CFO, Directors)
- Experience with geographically dispersed complex matrix organization is a plus.
- Strong and demonstrated communication, influence and negotiation skills
- Excellent client interaction skills
- Recognized for his or her execution/closing skills
- Knowledge of trade products (vanilla/complex)
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Creative, innovative, dynamic, high energy levels with strong initiative
- Committed, trusted team player with the ability to interact with Relationship Managers, Unit Heads, Operational hubs, Credit Chain, EMEA coverage/sales teams.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to deliver on stretch goals.
- Multi-cultural exposure
- Team player
- Motivating team members
- Leveraging the Citigroup Network
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!