Job Title: Transport Assistant – GS6
Reference No: 2107028
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 months
Under the general supervision of the WHO country representative and direct supervision of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent of the position will primarily deal with following tasks;
- Supervision of all drivers and vehicle maintenance assistants in the Federal Capital Territory and Abuja offices.
- Daily monitoring of entire vehicle fleet using the WHO Vehicle tracking systems in close consultation with the radio operators.
- Prepare transport plans for the Abuja and State based personnel travel for all intra-state travel.
- Coordinate provision of fuel for all vehicles through budgeting, quarterly funds monitoring and accurate reporting.
- Schedule and supervise country office vehicle maintenance including spare parts authorization.
- Support drivers concerns pertaining to contract validity, recruitment, training, evaluation, overtime claims, uniform provision, and leave schedules.
- Prepare a monthly report to the Administrative Officer for the vehicle fleet activities including analyses and trends.
- Maintenance of accurate and timely vehicle fixed assets record of all vehicle details in a monthly report.
- Coordinate insurance policy issuance for the WHO vehicle fleet, follow up accident reporting and settlement.
- Deputize for Administrative Officer on transport duties in his absence.
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives):
- Vehicle fleet management
- Drivers management
- Transport management
- Fixed assets management as a secondary task
- Essential: Completion of Secondary School Education with training in engineering or related field.
- Desirable: University Degree or its equivalent in Engineering, Management or related field?
- Essential: At least 8 years experience in WHO/IVE transport management.
- Desirable: Technical expertise in Vehicle maintenance/fleet management.
- Ensuring the effective use of resources.
- Fostering integration and team work
- Producing result
- Communicating in a credible and effective way.
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Very good understanding of transport rules and regulations.
- Fully conversant with word-processing, spreadsheet, and presentations.
- Ability to work effectively in a team
Application Closing Date
22nd December, 2021 (11:59 PM)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!