Job Title: Territory Sales Manager
Location: Lagos (As per assigned territory.)
Product Segment: Spices, Seasoning, Sauces and Meat Solutions
Functionally Reports to (FRT): Country Manager / Zonal Manager
Administratively Reports to (ART): GM Sales
- Territory Sales Manager’s Job is to develop sales plan and sales strategy for the territory that ensures attainment of company sales, goals and profitability in consultation with Zonal Sales Manager.
- The Territory Sales Manager manages sale of the company’s products and services in defined geographical areas. To achieve consistent, profitable growth in sales volume and revenue through planning, deployment and management of sales personnel.
- The Territory Sales Manager role is also to establish and manages effective programs to compensate, coach, appraise and train sales personnel. To develop customer relationships and intimacy.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Duties include the following, measurable in terms of time, cost, quality or quantity.
- Strategic Responsibility – To prepare sales plan with a road map to achieve planned business objective through identification and tapping new business opportunities; with profit responsibility.
- To explore new business opportunities and ventures for business growth.
- Day to Day Management – To make regular customer visit for sales development and facilitate customers for various products and probabilities to boost sales.
- To support dealers in secondary sales to liquidate the stocks.
- To deal with customer grievances and follow-up with operations and sales support team for resolution and various customer trials analysis and support.
- To coordinate with internal and external parties at the appropriate levels to ensure smooth flow of interaction and transaction.
- To assess the various information tools, identify business opportunities, scope of new product development and pinpoint bottleneck areas i.e. market threats, competitors initiatives etc. to further increase sales volume, market share and profitability.
- Sales Growth Targets – To ensure Sales Targets are achieved as per assigned product and region/key accounts wise through managing the effective sales strategy and follow-up to ensure accomplishment of sales operational plans.
- To develop dealer network in each state as per assigned territory and motivate them for higher coverage.
- Customer Relationship – To develop good customer base, manager customer relations, facilitate business managers / sales head to organize various business meets / seminars to boost customer intimacy.
- Key Accounts – To focus actively on Key Accounts and seek support from various functional team / management where appropriate to ensure prompt solutions to their satisfaction.
- Budget – To prepare and recommend sales budget and monitor financial performance verses the budget to ensure business alignment.
- To monitor stock inventories in alignment with the budget and re-order level for product as well as packaging.
- People Management – To manage effective communication by setting individual targets for the team and helping them to achieve those targets.
- To develop second-line successor and drive performance through team to take up higher challenges.
- Reporting – To prepare all applicable reports in time for accuracy and in order to ensure that they match the functional requirements, policies and standards.
- Candidate should possess Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum experience of 5 + years in similar product line or business model.
- Well exposed to B2B / B2C Marketing and must have exposure in leading a team of 4-5 people.
- Excessive travelling is required in and around territory.
- Well versed with computer to handle weekly / monthly reporting
- As per the need of the business the job is transferrable and posting can be made anywhere in Nigeria / West Africa.
Application Closing Date
10th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!