Job Title: Technical Operations Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
1st Reporting Line: Chief Executive Oﬃcer
Business Purpose / Objective
- Technical Operations Manager will design, plan, formulate, manage and develop a multiskilled technical operations in HVAC (VRF & VPN), Electrical & Plumbing trades to process budgets and coordinate the operational aspect of all technical and organization processes.
Core Working Relationships / Key Stakeholder:
- Heads of the respective departments
- Chief Operating Oﬃcer
- Skilled technician
- Develop and implement technical operations strategies and initiatives to align with the overall business strategy
- Knowledgeable in HVAC (VRF & VPN), Electrical and Plumbing trades to improve technician’s technical ability.
- Carry out technical operations in an appropriate cost-effective way in trades for HVAC (VRF & VPN), Electrical & Plumbing.
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives
- Organize, assess and monitor training programs to educate technicians on standard operating procedures
- Ensure technical equipment and machinery are operational and efficient for all trades in HVAC, Electrical & Plumbing
- Mentor and motivate a technical team to put in their best effort to improve level of performance in HVAC, Electrical & Plumbing.
- Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices for technicians.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of technical processes in HVAC, Electricals & Plumbing functions and requirements
- Conduct annual staff appraisals and assessments to determine staff training needs of HVAC (VRF & VPN), Electrical & Plumbing trade for technicians
- Purchase technical materials, plan inventory and oversee technical efficiency
- Oversee the hiring, training, and monitoring of technicians for HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures when performing job duties
- Conduct risk assessments to analyze risks and operational hazards for technicians in all trades such as HVAC, Electrical & Plumbing.
- Perform quality controls and monitor technical production KPIs
- Develop and implement health and safety policies to ensure a risk-free and safe work condition for technicians.
- Oversee the provision and supply of materials and products for a technical process.
Requirements and Skills
- Bsc or HND in Engineering or its equivalent.
- MSc. Or MBA in engineering will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good leadership & Managerial skills.
- Great negotiation skills.
- Strong multitasking abilities.
- Teamwork and delegation.
- Outstanding organizational & operations skill.
- Good knowledge of trades such as HVAC (VRF & VPN), Electrical and Plumbing respectively.
- Proven work experience as a Technical trainer/Manager or similar role in HVAC (VRF & VPN), Electrical & Plumbing.
- Good knowledge of organization effectiveness and technical operations management.
- Hands-on experience on technical work in HVAC, Electrical & Plumbing, budgeting and forecasting.
- Familiarity with technical field work.
- Excellent technical operations, analytical and decision-making abilities and aptitude in decision-making and technical problem-solving.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Monday – Fridays 9am – 5pm.
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates with be contacted.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!