Job Title: Technical Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Supervisor: State Team Lead
- With the State Team Lead, the State Technical Officer will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality care and support activities with primary focus on clinical management of HIV/AIDS, Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV/AIDS, Reproductive Health/Family Planning (RH/FP), TB and integrated medical services at the state level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day technical and programmatic support related to Clinical Management of HIV/ AIDS, PMTCT, TB, RH/FP and integrated medical services at the LGA and facility level guided by strategies and approaches related to the implementation programs.
- With the State Team Lead, coordinate the implementation of components related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT), RH/FP, TB and integrated medical services at the LGA and facility levels.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management capacity building, PMTCT, RH/FP, TB and integrated medical services at the LGA and facility levels.
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, RH/FP, TB and integrated medical services and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
- Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Contribute to the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Assist in the provision of programmatic assistance to local partners in programming HIV/AIDS/STI/TB, RH/FP and integrated medical services activities.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS and related developments by reviewing current literature and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation especially the Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, TB and integrated medical services at the LGA and facility levels.
- Supervise client experience associates, case managers, community volunteers, data entry clerks and other project resources at LGA and facility levels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS/MD/BPharm/PhD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) including TB in resource constrained settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is an advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including provision of ART.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!