Job Title: Technical Engagement Project Manager
- Canonical Engagement Project Managers are responsible for ensuring project success through delivery of technical cloud solutions and managed services for our Customers.
- In support of that goal we are looking for a customer facing team player to fully own/drive/communicate projects and navigate complex engineering solutions.
- We anticipate and solve problems working with and managing internal business partners, external partners and customers, engineers, engineering managers, sales engineers, sales executives, cloud architects, consultants, legal, sales operations, external third parties, executives, and anyone and everyone necessary to define, control, execute, and close everything in a project.
- A Project Manager owns, drives and communicates so that the project succeeds. Within a portfolio of projects with complex and changing technologies, customer and partner satisfaction is only possible with an exceptional Technical Engagement Project Manager.
As a Project Manager You Will
- Successfully deliver professional engineering services for assigned projects
- Review, approve and track commitments in agreed statements of work
- Draft and maintain project specific schedules, budgets, project plans
- Maintain all necessary project artifacts
- Obtain client agreement to the project schedule and goals
- Manage project scope and change orders
- Manage project risks and issues
- Maintain effective communication internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the delivery schedule of critical third party deliverables for the project
- Effectively manage customer relationships for projects
- Advocate the appropriate technologies from Canonical’s portfolio
- Deliver a very broad range of Ubuntu based projects
- Support different time zones and work globally
The Successful Project Manager Will Have
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a STEM discipline
- End-to-end project management experience in a technology field
- Fluent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Experience managing cross-cultural, remote and global project teams
- Strong communication skills including experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience managing partners & customers and cross-functional internal teams
- Fundamental understanding of the five project management process groups
- Project planning experience – Gantt chart creation and project status reporting
- Understanding and utilization of PM tools and working methods such as Agile
- Familiarity with cloud technology and terminology
- Professional attitude to “make things happen”
- Ability to thrive in a fast-changing organization
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to travel occasionally domestically and internationally.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of IT data centre architecture, server architectures, cloud technology, OpenStack, Kubernetes
- Experience managing projects with Linux technology components
- PMP/PMI, or PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification
- Experience working with Ubuntu.
What Canonical Offers
- Learning and development
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs.
- We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!