Job Title: Team Lead – Business Development
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Managing Director
- We are looking for Business Development – Team Lead whose primary responsibilities will be Business development, Project and Product Management and Business Analysis.
- S/He will manage the development and implementation of long term organizational strategic goals, select marketing initiatives, innovate business ideas and solutions that will position the organization competitively and profitably to enlarge her current clientele base, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, follow up, negotiate and close business deals while maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contacting potential customers and build rapport and arranging meetings
- Building and maintaining relationship with new and existing clients
- Identification of business operations
- Developing quotes and proposals
- Development of proposals and concepts notes
- Response to RFPs
- Preparation of bids/tenders
- Planning and initiating new business opportunities
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Training personnel and helping the team members to improve their skills
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Gathering and specifying system requirements
- Plan and document requirements
- Analyzing and model requirements
- Carrying out change requests
- Performing user acceptance testing
- Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring
Product and Project Management:
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with technology teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
Education Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Educational background in Computer Science, Information Technology or STEM
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Information Technology and Software Development Industry
- Experience in managing the implementation/ deployment of IT systems – Required
- Knowledge, experience and certification in Operations Management – Required
- Knowledge, experience and certification in Software Project Management – Required
- Knowledge, experience and certification in Business Analysis – Added advantage
- Knowledge, experience and certification Product Management – Added advantage
- Knowledge and experience Agile frameworks (e.g. SCRUM) – Added advantage
- Ability to work with cross – functional teams.
Application Closing Date
3rd January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their updated CV in PDF format to: [email protected] using “Business Development – Team Lead – Abuja” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!