Job Title: Tanker Programmer
Ref No: R7454
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Tpye: Full time
Job Family Group: Production Engineering Upstream
Worker Type: Regular
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
- Supports Corporate Crude Oil Shipping & Export activities of Shell Companies in Nigeria (SCIN).
- The position will provide support on Tanker planning activities to develop and ensure safe execution of monthly crude oil offtake programmes from Shell operated loading terminals (BONNY, FORCADOS, SEA EAGLE & BONGA) and 3rd party terminals with SCIN equity participation (BRASS, & ERHA FPSO). BONNY and FORCADOS Terminals also manages the processing and export of crude belonging to Third Party Injectors (“TPI’s”)
- Support build and execution of monthly Offtake Programmes, including entitlement, nomination and acceptance processes, preparation and securing sign-off for monthly NNPC Curtailment reports Support management of Export Permits (for SCiN, JV Partners and TPI’s), tracking compliance and escalating matters arising (e.g. shortfalls in volumes) Maintain the Energy Components (“EC”) database with relevant production, shipping and export data for all SCIN operated terminals and 3rd party terminals with SCIN equity. Monitor Terminal Stock Levels to ensure uninterrupted crude oil production through daily update of Terminal Stockruns In conjunction with Claims Analyst, analyse all scheduled crude oil offtake operations to determine SPDC and SNEPCO demurrage exposure Tracking of cargo documentation and issuance to owners of exported crude Supports compliance with statutory processes related to exports e.g. DPR and NNPC cargo clearances, Nigerian Export Supervisory System (“NESS Fees”), Single Goods Declarations (“SGD’s”), FMITI Weights and Measures Support compliance with Group vessel quality assurance standards Prepare and secure sign-off for reports on exports and stock levels to Government (e.g. DPR, NNPC, FMITI) and other stakeholders (e.g. JV partners)
- Avoiding “tank tops” at all SCiN operated terminals and prevent consequential production losses
- Minimize tanker delays and avoid demurrage charges.
- Ensuring a large volume of daily correspondence is tracked and appropriately responded to, requiring significant attention to detail
- Maintain good working relationships with a wide range of SCiN supporting departments, Government Agencies, JV and PSC Partners, Shell Trading and Third Parties using Company facilities.
- Maintain good working relationships with Government Agencies in charge of crude oil production and export activity, namely NNPC, Department of Petroleum Resources, FMITI, NAPIMS, Inspection Agencies, National Maritime Authorities and the Nigerian Customs and Immigration Services.
- Meet Group objectives regarding the meeting of preferred loading windows and quantities whilst at the same time managing operations on behalf of JV and PSC partners, in particular NNPC Crude Oil Marketing Division.
- Meet principal objectives in an environment where production and export terminal activities are regularly affected by community disturbances and asset integrity issues.
- First degree / HND in any field.
- Minimum of three (3) years work experience in EP/Upstream environment. Awareness of Production activities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively process significant levels of detailed information
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Previous experience related to marine operations and export documentation at the terminals, shipping agency liaison and /or working in a position which required regular contact and communications with external Government Agencies and Third-Party companies is an advantage.
- Business acumen and strong business partnering focus
- Good communication/negotiating skills.
- Ability to deliver timely and accurate information as required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience on marine operations at the terminals.
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should not apply for more than one of the advertised snbo roles in nigeria. submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the applicant’s applications.
- Kindly note that all fields are mandatory in the online applications forms.
- Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training, special job offer, etc.) for employment.
- Individuals who are interested in opportunities within the Shell Group will find open positions listed on the company websites www.shell.com/careers or www.shell.com.ng.careers when available.
- Shell does not make use of employment forms; neither does the Company process CVs that have not been submitted through the proper websites: www.shell.com/careers or www.shell.com.ng.careers. All successful applicants who receive an offer of employment from Shell would have been required to go through a formal and transparent recruitment process inside Shell recruitment offices.
- To learn more about Shell’s recruitment process please visit our website www.shell.com/careers.
- Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all your applications.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos