Job Title: Surveyor
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full-time
Services: DCP – Operations
We are looking for an experienced Surveyor who will be responsible for:
- Conduct sub-surface surveys to identify the characteristics of potential land or mining development sites.
- Provide input in specifying the ground support systems, processes and equipment for safe, economical, and environmentally sound extraction or underground construction activities.
- Implement, and coordinate mining plans and safety programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct initial surveys, risk assessments and environmental impact assessments on potential sites to assess whether plans are workable.
- Select locations and plan underground or surface mining operations, specifying processes, labour usage, and equipment that will result in safe, economical, and environmentally sound extraction of minerals and ores.
- Implement and monitor the development of mines, facilities, systems, or equipment.
- Inspect mining areas for unsafe structures, equipment, and working conditions.
- Examine maps, deposits, drilling locations, or mines to determine the location, size, accessibility, contents, value, and potential profitability of deposits.
- Select or develop mineral location, extraction, and production methods, based on factors such as safety, cost, and deposit characteristics.
- Prepare technical reports for use by mining, engineering, and management personnel.
- Monitor mine production rates to assess operational effectiveness.
- Prepare schedules, reports, and estimates of the costs involved in developing and operating mines.
- Predict the environmental effects and impacts of mining, including air pollution and destruction of the landscape and devise solutions such as methods of storing excavated soil and returning exhausted mine sites to natural states
- Evaluate data to develop new mining products, equipment, or processes.
- Design, develop, and implement computer applications for use in mining operations such as mine design, modeling, or mapping or for monitoring mine conditions. Perform any other duties assigned by the Head, Mines.
- Implement and coordinate mine safety programs, including the design and maintenance of protective and rescue equipment and safety devices.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Survey or related discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years mining experience in operations, engineering and project evaluation.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven experience in Surface mine design and development.
- Good knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry.
- Working knowledge of mine equipment selection, capital cost and operating cost estimates.
- Working knowledge of surveying technology/ mine planning software such as Mine sight, AutoCAD or other mine development software.
- Ability to interpret maps, charts and graphical data
- Strong scientific and mathematical background
- Methodical approach to work practices with strong emphasis on quality.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Good analytical skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!