Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Start Date: ASAP
- PUI is now looking for its Logistics team in Coordination. The Deputy Logistics Coordinator assists the Logistics Coordinator (Log Co) in ensuring the smooth functioning of logistics at mission level.
- He/She contributes in making the resources which are necessary for carrying out the programs are available and actively participates in the mission’s safety & security management.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- He/She is responsible for ensuring timely, qualitative and quantitative supply of items to all Borno bases. He/She ensures timely and comprehensive information circulation regarding procurement, transportation…
- He/She, under the general oversight of the Logistics Coordinator, is the guarantor of the respect of PUI/Donor requirements in terms of procurement for the whole mission
- He/She provides support, guidance… to all logistics teams in terms of procurement, storage, transportation….
- He/She manages the mission supply department and ensures staff under his direct or indirect management are recruited, trained and empowered and that they are held accountable regarding their tasks and responsibilities.
Specific Objectives and linked Activities
Leading the Supply Chain Management of the Mission:
Procurement for all bases (Support Logistics Coordinator for international medical purchase which remains under his/her direct lead)
- He/she guarantees that procurement procedures are respected according to the donors’ and PUI’s guidelines.
- He/she guarantees that the SCM procedures are fully respected without being an impediment to the timely implementation of the activities by:
- Collaboratively following up each procurement plan with the Log Managers and the projects teams (from DHoM to PMs),
- Proactively initiating the launching of all the necessary procurement process (above all the calls for tenders),
- Supporting the edition of logistics documents when and where necessary,
- Improving, facilitating and monitoring the chain of validation
- He/she works in close collaboration with the persons requesting the purchase, with strong technical specificity, and carries out any appropriate conformity tests if required.
- He/she is responsible of the first reading (and validation) of all procurement requests coming from the different bases.
- He/she provides advice and support to the base logistics managers regarding supply chain procedures
- Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, he/she is responsible for ensuring a timely and procedure respectful purchase files validation at mission level including interaction with HQ for validation when needed
- He/she leads the opening of tenders (participation, correction, validation)
- He/she ensures that contracts are adequately signed by the empowered coordinators and guarantees a strong protection for PUI in case of disagreement.
- He/she ensures centralization/optimization/grouping of purchases.
- He/She supervises the identification and referencing of suppliers in Maiduguri and in Abuja (in link with the capital logistician) and in field bases (in link with the respective logistics manager)
- He/she consolidates/updates the mission’s price catalogue for the mission’s operation areas.
- He/she provides the adequate backup and support to the Logistics Coordinator in order to guarantee that all procurement plans are implemented and updated for each grant.
- He/she identifies the most efficient and effective mode of transportation and packaging of the merchandise.
- He/she plans and supervises the shipment and delivery of materials/equipment up to their final destination (including items from Abuja in link with the Capital Logistician).
- He/she ensures the movement/transfer of items is properly referenced / documented and centralizes all shipment/reception documents.
- He/she provides the logistics coordinator and the logistics managers with information on weekly basis regarding items movements
- He/she supports the Logistics coordinator in following up the shipment of merchandise coming from abroad when necessary.
Storage (Temporary Storage for items in transit to field locations in the logistics platform managed by PUI):
- He/she ensures that items transiting through the coordination for the base needs are properly stored (when needed) according to PUI procedures
Assets Procurement & Management:
- Under the responsibility of the Logistics Coordinator and in link with the logistics managers of each base, he is in charge of the supply and follow up of all durable assets at mission level
- He/she makes sure that all assets at mission level are managed according to PUI procedures (logistics codes, ID folders, maintenance follow up…)
- Following needs’ analysis provided by the Logistics Coordinator, he/she launches procurement of assets (at national or international level)
Information Management and Reporting:
- He/she consolidates all information regarding procurement and transportation follow up at mission level (for all bases) and sends them to the Logistics Coordinator
- He/she disseminates procurement follow up documents on weekly basis to all bases
- He/she disseminates SCM related databases to all Logistics Managers (Price Lists, Suppliers’ List, Mission Catalogue…)
- Under direct supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, he/she centralizes all Purchase Files of the mission and guarantees their conformity to PUI / Donor requirements (except for Abuja files that will remain physically in Abuja but he/she will ensure through audit checks their conformity to PUI/Donor requirements)
Managing The Mission Supply Department Team:
- He/she in charge of identifying and formalizing HR needs within the supply department and, when possible, launching recruitment processes in link with the coordination HR department.
- He/she in charge of the direct and indirect supervision of all members of the supply department and is responsible for ensuring that all staff are appraised according to PUI requirements.
- He/she is in charge, in direct link with the coordination HR department, of the continuous and ad hoc capacity building of the supply department staff.
- He/She participates in the capacity building of the Logistics Supply Chain team.
- With support of the Logistics Coordinator and the HR Coordinator and in link with Logistics Managers, identify the needs for trainings linked to supply and prepare relevant training material for all logistics department (presentations and documents to be distributed).
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- In support to the logistics coordinator, ensure that within one month of taking up this role, the Supply department is properly staffed and all related functioning schemes are in place (tools, communication schemes…)
- Ensure the pending tender process can be continue smoothly and the FWAs are executed on time.
- Ensure, from a supply perspective, the procurement files are well archived.
- Education degree:
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree or its equivalent in engineering or any relevant field, Bachelor’s degree in Logistics (Supply Chain Management notably).
- In absent of above mentioned, any degree with minimum 1-2 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management can be in consideration.
- Master’s degree in Logistics and supply chain management are desirable.
- Work experience: Minimum of 2 years with Humanitarian INGO + at least 1 year technical experience in logistics and supply chain management.
- Language skills: Fluent in English and Hausa; Kanuri is a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Team Management
- Logistical skills
- Administrative skills
- Good mastery of supply management and negotiation with suppliers
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Good management capacities and team leadership spirit
- Security management skills
- Knowledge of PUI procedures
- Staff training and capacity building
- Knowledge of institutional donors procedures (UE, OFDA, ECHO, AAP, CDCS, FFP, UN agencies …)
- Pack Office and any other software
- Excellent mastery of office suit needed
- Excel proficient
- Share point
- Independence, ability to take initiatives, sense of responsibilities
- Ability to withstand pressure and volatile environment
- Good resistance to stress and particularly in unstable circumstances
- Pragmatism, objectivity and an ability to take a step back and analyze
- Ability to provide/structure instructions clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- A high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive HR information
- High degree of responsibility, initiative, alertness, emotional stability, the ability to prioritize a heavy workload and to delegate accordingly
- Professional attitude and the ability to build successful working relationships with contacts outside of the projects.
- Demonstrate ability to integrate local environment into operations, in its political, economic and historical dimensions
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
- Strong commitment to support/develop capacity of the team member and developing second layer of leadership
- Ability to train and transfer skills / knowledge
- Team player: proven management ability and inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and leadership skills
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed
- Sense of diplomacy and negotiation
- Analytical (discernment, pragmatism) and synthesis skills
- Organization, rigor and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage people remotely
- Ability to work in volatile and secluded contexts
Application Closing Date
16th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Open for Nigeria Nationals only (Male / Female).
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!