Job Title: Supervisory Voucher Examiner
Announcement Number: Abuja-2021-002
Series / Grade: LE – 0420 9
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Work Schedule: Full-time – Work Schedule is 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-9
Telework Eligible: No
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required.
- The position supervises the day to day operation of the vouchering and payroll units of the Financial Management Office, Embassy Abuja (6 staff) and provides guidance and assigns work to the vouchering staff in Lagos (3 staff).
- It also provides guidance to the 1 vouchering staff in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea. The position reports to the Financial Specialist -LES Certifying Officer. This position further trains, manages and develops voucher examiners for the section.
- The vouchering unit examines and processes all payment requests presented by vendors, employees, agency representatives, utility companies, other USG Departments/Agencies.
- The payroll unit coordinates the payroll activities for all Mission employees. The 2 units process payments/transactions for the following agencies/appropriations (State ICASS, State Program, Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS), Foreign Commercial Service (FCS), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), Department of Defense (DOD), Marine Support Guard (MSG), Consular Affairs, Worldwide Security Protection (WSP), Engineering Service Office, Office of Security Cooperation, JCTP, Walter Reed, Center for Disease Control (CDC), etc.)
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administrative is required.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years work experience with USG financial experience is required.
- Job Knowledge: Expert knowledge off Foreign Affairs Handbook (FAH), Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM), Foreign Travel Regulations/Joint Foreign Travel Regulations, Department of State Standardized Regulations (DSSR), Appropriation Law, Dept of Treasury, and other US Government regulations governing voucher examination and payrolling. Ensures correct interpretation and application of regulations and procedures and decisions to be followed in the vouchering and payrolling process.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Language: Fluency in speaking/reading/writing English is required.
Skills And Abilities:
- Must have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access). Also, have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, ability to articulate complex issues, as well as writing skills.
- Ability to effectively utilize financial software like the RFMS/M., ILMS eInvoicing, WinTA, Coast, etc.
- Ability to delegate effectively, prioritize, and conflict resolution skills is required.
- Superior skills and expert knowledge of the USG financial regulations in relation to Vouchering and Payroll is required.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- USD $47,148
Application Closing Date
22nd January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate is required
For EFMs, in addition to the above:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja,Nigeria.
- For More Info: HR Section 09-461-4000 [email protected]
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja