Supervisory Financial Specialist – All Interested Candidates (Financial Analyst)
Announcement Number: Lagos-2021-133
Series/Grade: LE – 0402 10
Promotion Potential: LE-10
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 5/5 Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances / certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: Yes
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- This position is located in the Financial Management Office, Consulate Lagos and is the lead LE Staff.
- The incumbent reports to the Financial Specialist located in Abuja.
- S/he analyzes and reviews funding authorizations for sections in the Consulate.
- The incumbent has primary responsibility for the financial planning and budget formulation for budgets in excess of $8.5 million on an annual basis.
- S/he also conducts periods budget reviews with funds exceeding $17 million on an annual basis.
- Incumbent executes budgets, exercises funds control and funding of e2 requests, purchase requests, contracts, and petty cash / representation vouchers in excess of $31.1 annually for the agencies.
- In addition, prepares and submits monthly accounts receivable invoices to employees and vendors.
- The incumbent is familiar with the unique policy of each agency/USG Regulations & ICASS standards.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in budget and/or financial matters is required, which includes a minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience in any sector.
- Expert knowledge of regulations governing accounting and budgeting is required. Must ensure correct interpretation and application of regulations and procedures and decisions to be followed in the accounting and budgeting process.
- Expert knowledge in dealing with the Local Guard Contract, the ALLCO pension fund, and business operations of AERA and the American International School is required.
- Must have good knowledge of the guidelines and legal issues surrounding obligating documents such as Blanket Purchase Agreements, travel authorizations, travel regulations etc.
- Must be familiar with the budget review process.
- Must be able to utilize and understand the impact of the following financial tools in the budget preparation process: budget preparation instructions, MRR resource tables, budget data calls, historical funding analysis, inflationary trends, currency exchange rates.
- Must be familiar with accommodation exchange rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or local equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration is required.
- Note: NYSC Certificate or Exemption document is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluent in speaking / reading / writing of English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal relationship and team spirit is required.
- Ability to articulate and resolve complex issues, to work under pressure and produce results, as well as ability to recommend appropriate adjustments to financial plan is required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office, use of Microsoft Excel and ability to effectively utilize computers and financial software, and advanced administrative, problem solving, and analytical skills is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively – oral and written is required.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and typing where accuracy is of critical importance and very high-level numerical skills are required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
NGN12,772,559 (USD53,596) Annually.
22nd December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate
- For EFMs, in addition to the above:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Location Lagos,Lagos,Lagos
- Salary ₦ 500,000+
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!