54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Storekeeper / Inventory Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Zip / Postal Code: 105102
Reports to: Lab Administrator
Department: Laboratory Operations
- The Laboratory Storekeeper / Inventory Manager will be responsible for managing the inventory of all the laboratory units at 54gene.
- Daily Routine
- Work closely with the procurement team to order and receive lab consumables and equipment
- Verify all requested items as they arrive and check quality and conformity against documentation
- Compare purchase orders, invoices, delivery notes with quantity of items supplied
- Disburse requested items / consumables to the various laboratory units
- Ensure store requisition form is signed by designated lab staff on collection of item(s)
- Ensure FIFO principle is adhered to
- Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs
- Maintain lab inventory levels
- Work closely with Lab Managers to replenish each unit’s depleted stock
- Prepare monthly inventory reports
- Communicate with departmental managers to ensure items are replenished and maintain proper levels
- Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly
Education & Certifications
- Relevant degree in any science discipline.
- 2 years post-graduate experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience in procurement, logistics or supply chain is mandatory
- Proven experience as store keeper or inventory management is an added advantage
- Basic understanding of lab equipment, consumables and reagents is an added advantage
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
- Adherence to time and priority management
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with Google Suite
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Excel is desirable
- Authorization to work in the Nigeria
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!