Women Farmers Advancement Network (WOFAN) was established in June 1993 was incorporated with the Kano state Government as a community Development Association in 1995 and later registered with the corporate affairs commission in 2004. With its headquarters in Kano, WOFAN partners and works with a mobilized, registered multipurpose cooperatives, CBOS, community service groups, private sectors, research institutions towards achieving a holistic development of the people.
WOFAN has commenced implementation of the ICON of Hope Project. The main objective of the two-year project is to build resilience of 30,000 smallholder male and female farmers and processors, including those affected by COVID-19 pandemic, in Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna states as well as the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to scale up the production and processing capacities of Rice and Groundnut male and female youth farmers and processors and competitively enhance rice and groundnut quality with a sustained linkages to markets.
We require suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Team Lead
Locations: Kano, Jigawa, Kaduna and FCT
Reporting to: ICON Manager
Slot: 4 Openings
- The Team Lead will be responsible for management and supervising all project activities at state level.
- S/he will be responsible for preparing reports on all administrative, logistic, training and field activities relating to the Project in his/her state in an efficient and effective way in accordance with WOFAN’s standards and world best practices.
- S/he will participate in all field trainings and supervise the step down of such trainings to beneficiaries of the project across the communities in his/her state.
Knowledge and Experience
- This position requires minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Social Sciences or Humanities and a minimum of 3 years experience in project management, including community mobilization, participatory planning and rural/community development; previous similar experience with International NGO will be an asset.
- A post graduate degree or diploma in management will be an added advantage.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and facilitation skills, both verbally and in writing as well as effective coordination skills.
- This position requires fluency in English and Hausa. It also requires computer literacy with a good knowledge of Office applications.
Application Closing Date
COB Thursday; 8th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit signed copies of their Application Letters and copies of their CV: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using the position and state applied for as subject.
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!