Job Title: State Coordinator
Job ID: R1660
Location: Katsina, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- The State Coordinator will provide overall leadership and management of the Global Fund (GF) Malaria project in the state in a manner that strengthens partnerships with the state government and other partners and leads to sustainable Malaria elimination efforts.
- S / he will spearhead coordination, implementation, and reporting of the GF Malaria project in the state and ensure optimal resource management of the project.
- S/he will serve as a member of the Project Management Team and will be responsible for overall project performance in the state of primary responsibility.
- Take responsibility for all project requirements for planning, implementation, and reporting on state-level activities.
- Provide overall leadership and management of the project supported state’s malaria program including leading the development of state-specific work plan for the project.
- Take responsibility for the management of the state-specific budget, work plan, and all other resources, ensuring that the budget is implemented in strict compliance with MSH policy and the GF’s policy and procedures.
- Lead and provide oversight to quality assurance of state-level project implementation
- Contribute to the establishment of a system for project monitoring, evaluation, and reporting in collaboration with the M&E Specialist in the state that includes periodic analysis and reviews for evidence-based decision-making and program management.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and keep the Project Senior Management Team informed of state activities on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and as needed.
Team Leadership and Coordination:
- Supervise project staff in the assigned state and manage their performance and development.
- Build a cohesive state team to implement the project with demonstrable team spirit
- Manage the state team to ensure that all project staff has the right orientation, enabling environment, and tools to deliver in their respective roles.
- Ensure cross-functional networking and learning amongst the project team and other partners/stakeholders in the state towards effective implementation of the project in the assigned state.
- Ensure that project staff complies with MSH policies and procedures relevant for the effective operations of the state office. For example, orientation training for new state-office staff should address relevant internal controls.
- Liaise and network with relevant malaria partners and stakeholders in the state to strengthen coordination, integration, and resourcing of activities and promotion of a shared vision for malaria elimination in the state.
- Act as the primary liaison between MSH and the State Government (GoN) officials –
- SMEP, HMB, DPRS, LMCU, SMoH, LGA, Wards, etc. to facilitate information sharing and networking.
- Interact and communicate on behalf of MSH project leadership to key stakeholders in the malaria partnership and government counterparts at the state level.
- Ensure the visibility and reputation of MSH among malaria program partners and the state government in assigned state
- In consultation with the Project Director, represent MSH at state-level meetings, relevant technical working committees as well as other partners ’/stakeholders’ forums in the state.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, International Development, Business Administration, or any other related field.
- A minimum of five years progressive experience in public health program management, working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, project beneficiaries, and project staff.
- Strong technical leadership, with a health program and financial management background.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, collaborate and coordinate with a range of stakeholders in the context of complex and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated management capacity in malaria programs with proven ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously in multiple locations.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, analytical, supervisory in-service delivery and team-buildings skills; and,
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience managing GF-funded projects is strongly desirable.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!