Job Title: State Coordinator 1
Requisition Number: R1166
Employment Type: Full Time
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- The State Coordinator will provide overall leadership and management of the PMI-S project in the state in a manner that strengthens partnerships with the state government and other partners, and leads to sustainable Malaria elimination efforts.
- S/he will spearhead coordination, implementation and reporting of the PMI-S project in the state and ensure optimal resource management of the project.
- S/he will serve as a member of the Project Management Team and will be responsible for overall project performance in the state of primary responsibility.
- Take responsibility for all Task Order 04 requirements for planning and reporting on state-level activities.
- Provides overall leadership and management of the PMI-S supported state malaria program including leading the development of an integrated malaria plan for the State.
- Lead operationalization of the PMI-S state malaria plan.
- Liaise and network with relevant malaria partners and stakeholders in the state to strengthen coordination, integration and resourcing of activities and promotion of a shared vision for malaria elimination in the state.
- Interacts and communicates on behalf of PMI-S to key stakeholders in the malaria partnership and government counterparts at state level
- Leads and provides oversight to quality assurance of state level implementation
- Contribute to establishment of a system for project monitoring, evaluation and reporting in collaboration with the Senior M&E Advisor that includes periodic analyses and review for evidence-based decision-making and program management.
- Take responsibility for management of the state malaria budget and all other resources under the direction of State Team Director
- Supervise staff and manage staff performance and development.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and keep the Project Senior Management Team informed of state activities on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, International Development, or another related field;
- Demonstrated a minimum of five years progressive experience in public health and working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, project beneficiaries and project staff;
- Strong technical leadership, health program and financial management background, ability to negotiate, collaborate and coordinate with a range of stakeholders in context of complex and shifting priorities;
- Demonstrated management capacity in malaria programs with proven ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously in multiple locations;
- Excellent organizational, leadership, analytical, supervisory in service delivery and team-buildings skills; and,
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
MSH offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!