Job Title: Specialist, Portfolio Management & Business Analyst
- Acting as the key interface between the users and the project manager, gather information, document processes, and confirm the final documents with users
- Identification of business needs and recommend relevant solutions, to elicit, document and manage requirements
- Provision of insight into business operations to expose the causes and effects behind failure or poor results achieved
- Provision of quality assurance to the project management process
Roles and Responsibilities
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Identify problems within the business, including through using data modelling techniques
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Perform requirements gathering and analysis to include: analytical techniques, interview techniques, data gathering techniques, current system documentation, business modeling methods, business process, rules and logic, data gathering to solve complex issues, development of implementation plans, development of requirements
- Subdivision of the requirements development process into business planning and scope definition, elicitation, analysis, specification, documentation, validation, management, solution delivery and maintenance and enhancements
- Research Existing Business Systems: explore the current state of the business system and create an “as is” model
- Identify Improvement Opportunities: By using the as-is model, identifies what gaps need to be removed and then map out a plan of action, which is known as a “to-be” model.
- Document Business Requirements: work with business users (people who acts within, or is affected by, the business system to obtain a benefit or solve a problem) to gather and elicit the business requirements for further documenting and project planning.
- Facilitate Deliverables Acceptance: during project execution, facilitate the acceptance process, which ensures the deliverables are built according to the initial requirements. Facilitate product testing and evaluation as providing quality assurance and control and communicating the deliverables state to the users.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Updating, implementing, and maintaining procedures.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Review and evaluation of business cases to support strategic initiatives
- Support business leaders in developing implementation plans, risk identification and risk mitigation strategies
- Develop and implement test plans/scenarios to ensure successful delivery of a project
Education and Experience
- First degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Marketing, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or related quantitative discipline from a recognized university
- Possession of Professional Business Analysis (PBA) Certification from a recognized project management institute as an added advantage
- Minimum of four (4) years post NYSC experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Telecommunications industry and project management.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent communication, possessing influencing and relationship building skills and the ability to simplify complex concepts for a wide audience including executive levels
- Pragmatic with a strong analytical and problem solving ability. Ability to devise logical methods/approaches
- Very strong (well above average) MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint skills
- Highly collaborative team player
- Results-oriented, takes the initiative mentality
- Demonstrates a highly analytical work ethic/approach.
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resumes in word or Pdf format to: [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!