Job Title: Solutions & Research Engineer
Job ID: 84
Function: Solutions & Research
Reporting to: Head, Operations & Maintenance
Travel Frequency: Yes
Purpose of the Job
- To ensure efficient service delivery to the customer and ensure customer satisfaction for all new services and support related service.
Expected Key Results
- Corporate/FOS Incident Management; *Corporate Customers: Restore service failures within 4 hours of its occurrence- Implementation and integration of new projects.
- Retail Customers: Restore service failures within 24 hours of its occurrence.
- Preventive Maintenance: Identify,plan and excute nodes/segment that require preventive maintenance on the network.
- Implement an FTTH Monitoring application to improve MTTR for faults.
- Report Management: Ensure weekly support status reports are done and submitted timely for review.
- B.Sc in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / IT Related Disciplines (2.1/Upper Credit Minimum)
- Professional: CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate); CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- Customer centric and stakeholders management.
- Good LAN/WAN network design and implementation skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems in the shortest available time using honed analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills with customers, vendors and members of team.
- Design and analytical troubleshooting of LAN, WAN network and Internet-data architecture with good knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, RIP etc).
- Good knowledge of installation and configuration of core network devices and its relevant integration to the network (LAN, MAN & WAN).
- Ability to use network monitoring/optimization devices (software/hardware) to proffer solutions to network related problem and optimize network performance where necessary.
- Strong telecommunications, IP design skills, in depth knowledge of IP Network Troubleshooting.
- Candidate must possess excellent customer interface, analytical and presentation skills and be able to influence internal and external organizations.
- Hardworking and Tenacious.
- Performance driven.
- Sharp analytical and logical reasoning.
- Work effectively with own initiative and minimal supervision, and also as a part of a team.
- At least 3 years experience within the telecoms space as a Network/Communications Engineer
- A hands on experience with the following is a must: IP Routing, MPLS, QOS, VPN.
- Experience with leading inter-departmental negotiations, consensus building to reach common technical solutions.
- Understanding of the base station power supply (dc and ac) architecture and interconnectivity of relevant power devices/components.
- Experience with Wireless Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint technologies is desirable
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite [including MS Project &Visio]
- Customer Focused
- Hardworking and Tenacious
- Action Orientation
- Tech Savvy
- Result Driven
- Excellent Decision Quality
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Excellent troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Impeccable Customer Service and Support Skills
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!