Job Title: Solar Energy Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Head, Power & Renewable Energy
- The role of the Solar Energy Technician is to install and maintain solar panels provided by the company to businesses and residential buildings.
- The candidate’s main responsibilities will be to commission, troubleshoot, repair, and analyze solar inverters, document and report site visits and service calls, follow site safety procedures, and perform work in a safety-conscious manner, develop a detailed knowledge of Power Electronics products, and perform electrical preventative and corrective maintenance on solar inverters.
- Installing and maintaining solar panels for businesses and residentials
- Communicate with manufacturers for technical and RMA support
- Manage all on-site installation, repair, maintenance, and testing tasks
- Actively work towards a common goal of improving the tools and processes associated with exceptional installations
- Perform advanced level troubleshooting for component repair and replacements with proficient use of specialized tools and diagnostic processes
- Demonstrate effective project ownership and delegation for major correctives, retrofits, and main component repair/replacements
- Documents test/repair results accurately and in a customer-facing format.
- Act as the technical interface customer and company
- Lay-out, assemble and install solar modules, panels, or support structures, as specified.
- Identify methods for laying out, orienting, and mounting modules or arrays to ensure efficient installation, electrical configuration, or system maintenance.
- Identify and resolve any deficiencies in solar system installation or materials.
- Determine materials, equipment, and installation sequences necessary to maximize installation efficiency.
- Compile or maintain records of system operation, performance, and maintenance.
- Develop a complete understanding of contract plans and specifications and plan, layout, diagram, and install equipment.
- Observe installed equipment or systems’ functioning to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Minimum of an HND / BSc Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Any technical or trade certification will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of the Solar Power construction craft and the assembly, installation, or maintenance of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems for ground or roof installation.
- Knowledge of hand-held power tools.
- Minimum five (5) years proved experience in solar power installation and maintenance
- Experience in power electronics, preferably Solar Inverters, Renewable energy equipment
- Ability to recognize potential issues and provide safe solutions
- Working knowledge of power system protection
- Ability to read and interpret single line diagrams and schematics
- Detailed knowledge and skill in generators, converters, controllers, and electrical equipment
- Ability to properly document all work in a variety of electronic formats
- Have strong communication skills to interact effectively with clients
- Must be detail-oriented
- Knowledge working with complex electrical and mechanical equipment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!