Job Title: Software Engineer (Backend)
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full-Time
About this position
- We are looking for a Software Engineer (Backend) to help us as we scale out our engineering infrastructure, software, and services. Talk to us if you are interested in a fast-paced environment and if you are passionate about using technology to solve exciting problems.
Your role will involve:
- Working within the engineering team to build new product features and enhancements, while solving some of the most interesting problems in financial analysis, machine learning, payments systems, and infrastructure scaling.
- Building internal and external interfaces (API) for a diverse set of touchpoints, while also consuming other 3rd party interfaces.
- Collaborating with product designers, product managers, and the rest of the team to bring to life new experiences for our customers.
- Working on scaling our backend infrastructure on AWS, including writing automation scripts and technical documentation.
- Contribute to raising our engineering standards, tooling, and processes
You would be a perfect fit if you have:
- 3+ years of experience developing backend software applications, web or mobile applications, and public-facing APIs.
- Solid knowledge of writing software in Python. Good knowledge of Django and other Python frameworks will be an added advantage, including experience with caching, queuing, and asynchronous tasks and frameworks.
- A good experience working with production apps on Linux environments and you’re not afraid of being dropped in front of a shell prompt.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures background.
- Experience with containers, and container orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology, TDD, and release processes is a big advantage.
- Sound Knowledge of Python web frameworks (Django, Flask, Falcon)
- Working knowledge of Database Systems (Mysql, Postgres)
- Familiarity with using Linux commands (centos or ubuntu)
- Familiarity with uwsgi, gunicorn, nginx and apache
- Ability to use git
- Good understanding of REST principles and a fair understanding of building RESTful APIs with Django rest framework
- Familiarity with Oauth2 and JWT Authentication
- Bonus points for Celery, Redis, Memcache, Docker, RabbitMQ
If selected, you would have access to:
- Earn in the top 10% of the industry benchmark.
- Work with some of the smartest engineering talents and compassionate people building the next-generation personal wealth management tools.
- 21 days paid leave and 13th-month salary
- Fully-funded all-round health insurance
- 10% employer’s pension contribution
- An exciting opportunity to network vertically and horizontally with different businesses across the diverse sectors we interact with
- Free lunch, data allowance, and other benefits.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!