Job Title: SMC M & E Consultant
Requisition ID: R1602
Employment Type: Part Time
- Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-governmental organization working with countries and communities to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by building strong, resilient, and sustainable health systems in 150 countries around the world.
- MSH partners with governments, civil society organizations, the private sector, and thousands of health workers to implement locally-led solutions that expand access to medicines and services, improve quality of care, help prevent and control epidemics, support inspiring leadership and transparent governance, and foster informed, empowered, and healthier communities.
- MSH has a sub-recipient agreement with Catholic Relief Services for the implementation of the Global Fund Malaria Grant (2021 to 2023) in Nigeria, which aims to implement and support malaria control activities in 11 states.
- The GF Malaria grant also support MSH to implement Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention (SMC) in two states of Taraba and Katsina. SMC is one of malaria prevention initiative requiring the intermittent administration of full treatment courses of SP and AQ to children of age 3-59 months during the malaria season to prevent malarial illness. In sub-Sahel regions, it has shown to be effective in protecting children from malaria attacks during high malaria transmission season and therefore considered a key intervention in bringing about reduction in childhood mortality and morbidity.
- As part of our effort to ensure adequate and quality assured data for the SMC programming, MSH will engage the services of M&E consultants to develop and administer the project databases and Management Information System (MIS). M&E consultant(s) will be required in each state of Taraba and Katsina.
- The candidate is expected to maintain the database of SMC key activities including database of SMC personnel selection, training database, health facility assessment and micro planning data, periodic supervision data, End of Cycle Review Meetings, Data Quality Audit and Datasets of all Surveys.
- Experience with design of MIS is highly required as the project will integrate all databases into one system to allow for comparison and consolidation of reports. The candidate is also expected to have excellent skills in the design of mobile data collection tools, data visualization, analysis and report writing.
- Therefore experience with use of Kobo collect/Survey CTO, Tableau/Power BI, SPSS/STATA and programmable software like MySQL is desirable. Candidate will work with the State and LGA M&E team as well as SMC field officers in ensuring SMC data is harnessed in databases, meet quality standard, analyzed, reported and used for programme improvement.
The M&E Consultant will support the senior technical manager, M&E to carry out the following:
- He or she shall support health facility assessment and micro planning meeting to ensure that generated data meet minimum required standard and that they are captured in appropriate databases
- Participate in all activities to review and improve SMC data and report such as EoC review meetings, DQA, and validation meetings. He or she shall also participate in surveys and other operational research undertaken to assess project impact
- Participate in the reviewing the electronic attendance and adhoc staff/personnel register
- Work closely with state to support personnel selection and capturing of bio-data. He or she shall maintain databases of SMC personnel and update of the database in the event of attrition and replacement
- He or she shall maintain databases of all trainings conducted, health facility assessment and micro planning data, periodic supervision data, End of Cycle Review Meetings, Data Quality Audit and Datasets of all Surveys.
- He or she shall responsible for updating SMC MIS, performance dashboards and PUDR
- Support implementing state in compilation of report, data analysis and writing of reports such as end of cycle report and donor narrative reports
- He or She shall promote learning, feedback and data use among LGA and Facility Health Workers
- Carry out other duties assigned by the Senior Technical Manager, M&E.
- B.Sc or HND in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or Economics or related analytical courses is required. A Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- High analytical and decision making skills is desirable.
- Previous experience designing MIS for a health facility or community-based intervention is desirable
- Experience with the use of Kobo collect/Survey CTO, Tableau/Power BI, SPSS/STATA and programmable software like MySQL is a required
- Excellent report writing, facilitation and communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!