Job Title: SMC End of Cycle Data Collector
Locations: Local Government Areas in Abuja (FCT) and Oyo
Job type: Full-time
Duration: July – October 2022
- We require qualified research personnel that will carry out data collection, analysis and interpretation for the Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention End of Cycle evaluation based on LQAS approach.
- The consultants and the supervisor will train data collectors and oversee data collection process while other personnel will carry out the actual data collection using an electronic platform.
- The End of Cycle (EoC) evaluation will be conducted in the eight states and the FCT Abuja where SMC is being implemented.
- The process will involve identification, selection and training of supervisors at a training of trainers (ToT) and subsequently, data collectors in the states.
- The aim of the EoC evaluation is to assess SMC coverage and adherence of community drug distributions (CDDs) to treatment protocols immediately and not more than 5 days after each cycle of treatment.
Specific Activities for the Personnel
- Attend training on data collection and survey methods conducted by supervisors.
- Conduct interviews in selected households using SurveyCTO.
- Upload data on the SurveyCTO platform to server.
- Dataset of completed interviews submitted.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of Degree (B.Sc / HND) in Social Sciences and Health related discipline.
- One – Two years’ experience
- Experience in conducting public health research, particularly data collection.
- Experience in the use of modern technology in research – use of phone for data collection.
- Previous experience doing LQAS survey is an added advantage.
- Ability to speak local language (e.g. Hausa, Kanuri, etc.).
- Familiarity with and respect for the tradition and culture of the locality.
- Familiarity with terrain of the locality.
- Must be a female / mixed in selected states.
- Ability to give attention to details.
- Must not be a staff of Government at any level and or the SMoH.
- Must not be part of SMC personnel in whatever capacity (national, state, LGA, HFW, CHW, TA or LM).
- Must not be blacklisted during the previous LQAS activities.
Timelines for Activities:
- July – October, 2022
No of TA Days:
- Data Collectors – 23 days.
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2022 (8:00 AM).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Interest candidates who are passionate and willing to contribute towards the achievement of our goals should fill the form using above
- Kindly note that applicants who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Kindly note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, therefore early applications are highly encouraged.
- Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CV; all applications should be sent through the above link.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!