Job Title: Shift Manager – Packing Plant (Cement Industry)
Reference No.: Packing Plant-Obajana-001
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full time
- Plan and coordinate all packing plant maintenance activities to prevent disruptions to packing plant operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development and articulation of the plant’s maintenance plan.
- Oversee the effective and efficient execution of the plant’s maintenance plan at the packing plant unit.
- Plan for and order packing plant machine spares, based on the units requirement, in a timely manner.
- Supervise the activities of engineers to ensure that packing plant equipment are available for operations with minimum downtime in order to meet pre-set targets.
- Oversee liaison with the relevant HSE personnel for the provision of personal protection equipment and safety training.
- Ensure that routine and corrective maintenance is carried out on packing plant machines in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinate the management of a database for all maintenance activities.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head, Packing Plant.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of the cement production process
- In-depth knowledge of the cement packing machines/ functions and procedures
- Strong knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures involved in maintenance repairs and replacement
- Strong knowledge of safety practices and techniques in mechanics; and considerable knowledge of parts and supplies required
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment’s with accuracy and speed
- Good leadership and supervisory skills
- Good problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management and communication skills
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!