Job Title: Shift Analyst / Chemist (Cement Industry)
Reference No.: Quality Assurance-Obajana-002
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full time
- Coordinate samples testing and inspection process; document and report on sample test outcomes and ensure appropriate maintenance of equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze core drilled samples from the mines, in line with approved sampling and analysis standards and procedures.
- Analyze sample of excavated and crushed materials (including materials on the conveyor belt) for quality parameters.
- Analyze exploration samples for projects and interpret results accordingly.
- Ensure results are accurately interpreted and relevant actions are taken where necessary.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records/ database for all sample analysis and interpretation.
- Work with the Cross Belt Analyzer (CBA) to optimize quality performance and minimize errors.
- Identify and rectify deviations from target quality standards promptly and inform the Head, Quality Control and Assurance of actions taken.
- Manage inventory of chemicals and other laboratory items including glassware in the laboratory stores and request for new supplies where necessary.
- Assist in the maintenance of ISO quality management systems in the unit.
- Prepare periodic lab analysis and activity reports.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the laboratory on a consistent basis.
- Maintain laboratory and relevant equipment in good working condition.
- Provide adequate supervision to assigned Lab Technicians.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Quality Control & Assurance.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Geo Chemistry or relevant discipline.
- Zero (0) to three (3) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of quality control methods and instruments
- Good knowledge of quality audit/ testing processes for cement
- Good knowledge of the cement production process
- Good knowledge of ISO quality management systems
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!