Job Title: Senior Software Engineer – Windows and Devices (GRC)
Job Number: 1119959
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
- Do you want to work in a highly impactful area with passionate and creative people who are dedicated to building compliant products and services, and helping meet commitment to our Customers that Microsoft runs on Trust? Are you interested in learning more about Windows internals, and the protocols that work behind the scenes to make everyday tasks and computer operations happen? Come join the W+D CARE (Compliance and App Readiness Experiences) team, part of the Windows and Devices organization. The team focuses on protocol engineering, privacy engineering, tools and platform development, which are critical to Microsoft’s business.
- We are an energetic and innovative team. Our daily work would equip you with in-depth knowledge on protocol and networking parsing, leverage Azure technologies and web front-end technologies to build services, at the same time you are encouraged to use new technologies like Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing to solve real business challenges.
- We leverage in-depth Windows protocols knowledge and networking parsing knowledge to build protocol test suites and network parsers detailed to each bit, and host/support world-wide interoperability events in US and Europe with 100+ industry partner companies’ participation yearly, which is critical to help Microsoft meet and exceed compliance requirements.
- Build tools and platforms to support protocol engineering, which are open sourced on GitHub;
- Respond to open source community on GitHub
- Represent Microsoft to attend Worldwide Interoperability Plugfest events
- Implement server / client protocol behavior to guarantee Windows Protocol document quality and validate windows interoperability for new windows releases or updates to ensure Microsoft’s antitrust compliance commitment.
- Develop other compliance related tools / Azure services utilizing latest technologies like AI and Machine Learning.
Required / Minimum Qualifications:
- 5 – 10 years of experience designing, building and shipping applications and software at scale.
- Strong problem solving, analysis, collaboration and communication skills.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with scripting Languages like Python / PowerShell.
- Experience with Machine Learning and Natural Language processing would be an advantage.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!