Prophius is a technology company with interests in Fintech, Verticals Digitization, Distribution Networks, and Advanced Analytics. We are looking for individuals who want to be at the forefront of innovation and relentlessly push boundaries. If this is you, then this role is for you!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
- We are looking for a skilled Backend engineer to join our Engineering team.
What you’ll bring
- Prophius Engineers bring Fun, Smart-work, collaboration, and innovation to the table. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will bring your technical skills as a key contributor to the evolution of the platform to launch new products.
- Use your technical skills to build amazingly exciting world-class products
- Seek to understand the business that your code supports and work to identify risks (in code, features, and design)
- Constantly communicate with diverse internal and external stakeholders while embracing agile practices
- Constantly yearn for new learnings on global fintech trends and emerging technologies
- You must be comfortable practicing test-driven development because it produces high-quality, reliable, and more maintainable code. We deliver user value, solve problems, and ship code multiple times a day to improve our members’ experience and maximize value to the organization.
- Take ownership of technical solutions from coding, release, to production.
- Write clean codes to develop functional web applications.
- Be responsible for areas of product and service ecosystem.
- Mentor and coach junior and intermediate engineers within the Engineering team
- Design and improve the maintainability of the code base through innovative design.
- Diagnose complex issues across various levels of the stack.
- Understand the business context deeply and leverage engineering knowledge to propose creative solutions to problems.
- Work collaboratively to complete projects, showcase progress, and address problems.
- Constantly improve to keep pace with new innovations and technologies.
- Balance deep work with cross-team collaboration.
- Work alongside front-end developers to produce efficient and user-friendly systems.
- Work on other tasks as assigned by the Engineering Leadership.
- IT-related Education/Degree
- Knowledge of Object-oriented Programming concepts.
- Good understanding of relational databases, and agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge of core data structures.
- Understanding of test-driven development (TDD).
- Familiarity with containerization (i.e. Docker), and knowledge of at least one CI/CD tool.
- Experience working with AWS, architecture, and design principles.
- Strong team leader and player, with the ability to improve knowledge and skills.
- Good Interpersonal, stakeholder management, and communication skills.
- Strong passion for Software Development.
- Beautiful office located right in the heart of Oniru, Victoria Island
- Flexible working hours
- A chance to work in a hyper-growth Fintech start-up where you will build ground-breaking, novel technology products.
- You will work within an amazingly friendly team where your voice is heard and contributions truly valued.
- You will be entitled to 20 working days of Paid Time off because we strongly believe in work-life balance.
- Office TGIF’s and Karaoke
- We work hard and play harder! 🙂
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!