Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mid Officer Level
Reports to: Head, Technology
Slot: 4 Openings
- We are searching for a talented and smart individual with a passion for the Ecommerce and FinTech space to function in the capacity of Senior Software Engineer.
- The ideal candidate should be able to provide support in the development, implementation and assurance of strategies across the enterprise.
- Design, develop and install software solutions.
- Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods, as well as directing software programming initiatives.
- Communicating project statuses and proposals.
- Defining system functionality and writing code in various languages, like Java, Ruby on Rails or .NET programming languages (e.g. C++ or JScript.NET.)
- Build high quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods.
- Directing our software programming initiatives
- Overseeing the development of documentation.
- Working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
- Analyzing data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or the modification of existing systems.
- Managing the software development lifecycle.
- Monitoring system performance.
- Communicating key project data to team members and building cohesion among teams.
- Developing and executing project plans.
- Applying mathematics and statistics to problem-solving initiatives.
- Applying best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Creating innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs.
- Testing new software and fixing bugs.
- Shaping the future of our systems.
Professional Skills & Qualifications Required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, software engineering, or another related field.
- 5 to 7 years of software engineering or software development experience, preferably in an Ecommerce or FinTech. industry.
- Hands-on programming experience using relevant languages.
- Excellent coding skills.
- Extensive knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Experience designing interactive applications
- Ability to develop software in Java, Ruby on Rails, C++ or other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Working knowledge of CMS framework
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as LESS and SASS
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle.
- The ability to prioritize activities and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Experience working with clients and business partners.
- Strong team-building skills.
- A comprehensive understanding of computer science concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
Why Work with Konga?
- A unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced, structured and technologically driven environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team growing the ecommerce space in Nigeria
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our fast-growing businesses.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by forwarding their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Senior Software Engineer” as the subject of the mail.
Note: All CV’s should be in word doc and/or pdf formats.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!