Job Title: Senior Recruiter – Engineering
Job Number: 974526
Travel 0-25 %
Profession: Human Resources
Role type Individual Contributor
Employment type Full Time
- Be one who empowers billions…We have a great opportunity for an experienced recruiter to join our high-performing team of technical talent acquisition professionals. This team supports all the hiring for the Engineering divisions across the EMEA region.
- The focus of this role is to consult with the business on their talent strategy – ensuring a partnership led approach to talent, recruitment & resourcing, within the segment.
- You will ensure the quality of hires is continuously improved, raising the capability and potential of those recruited to meet both business objectives and Microsoft’s talent agenda. As well as hiring great people you will lead key resourcing improvement projects which contribute to the on-going development of the Engineering Talent Acquisition strategy and of the overall recruitment experience.
Candidate Assessment and Screening:
- Assessment Opportunities – You leverage tools and assessment frameworks from Operations teams and Center of Excellence to assess candidates; you may contribute to the creation of assessment materials by identifying relevant competencies and job criteria.
- Screening – You execute initial screening and assessing of candidates; you qualify talent pool by assessing relevant factors such as ability to hire, relocation considerations, immigration, and compensation.
- Candidate Engagement – You elicit interest in active and potential candidates by telling the business story, and contribute to the development of new stories; you generate awareness through community outreach events and strategic networking.
- Internal Practices – You share best practices on sourcing, recruiting, and/or closing techniques and stories with your own team; you track candidate activity and share with internal stakeholders.
- Microsoft Representation – You coach the client to represent Microsoft’s unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards that are distinct from those of competitors.
- Hiring – You gather requirements and develop hiring plans that meet candidate needs throughout the hiring lifecycle; you own elements of the candidate experience and prepare candidates for next phases of the process; you enhance the candidate experience at all phases of the relationship by proactively identifying factors that may adversely impact the candidate, and sharing with the business to mitigate.
Data Analysis and Hiring Plans:
- Hiring Data and Trends – You analyze relevant data and trends to provide insight, and consult with a business, area, or subsidiary to implement a hiring plan that addresses both business demand and talent availability for short-term and near-term needs (2-6 months); you review and analyze data and trends to improve staffing performance, and use insights to support other teams.
Operational Compliance and Excellence:
- Policy and Standards Compliance – You use subject matter expertise on applying internal and external staffing policies, standards, and/or regulations throughout the entire staffing lifecycle to educate clients, stakeholders, and other staffers on policy, system, and process issues; you identify opportunities to optimize policies, systems, and processes.
- Technical Documentation – You maintain current documentation on candidates’ qualifications and status in the appropriate staffing or tracking system, within compliance guidelines (e.g., Office of Federal Compliance Programs, General Data Protection Regulation); you capture relevant data in recruiting platform and leverage data to inform meaningful insights.
Stakeholder / Client Engagement:
- Business Impact Knowledge – You understand factors relevant to the business and hiring managers’ needs (e.g., time to hire, location, budget) and use this knowledge to develop and implement end-to-end hiring plan aligned to the needs of the business group.
- Strategic Thinking – You interpret client’s business and the industry landscape and/or university talent pools to influence the client to adopt optimal staffing solutions.
- Talent Engagement – You consult a business area on talent needs and opportunities and push for the acceptance of differentiated and alternative types of talent (e.g., compete, diverse, nontraditional) that may not be typically considered.
- Candidate Relationship Management – You use an understanding of talent markets and complex candidate profiles, as well as growing relationships with new talent pools and communities with future potential, to identify and engage candidates for immediate and future talent needs.
- Developing a Talent Pool – You develop strategies to generate differentiated talent in emerging roles or highly competitive talent pools to meet long-term business needs (e.g., industry, technical recruiting).
- Market Analysis and Channel Insights – You synthesize, analyze, and interpret external market data, and provide market and channel insights to the business to inform hiring plans and implement talent acquisition initiatives; you develop sourcing strategy using market and channel insights.
- Stakeholder/Client Engagement – You brings candidates through the interview and closing process, and work with other teams to meet candidate needs (e.g., onboarding, relocation, Visas, critical dependencies); you close candidates by anticipating and responding to objections from the business while maintaining fiscal responsibility; you negotiate appropriately with the client to drive solutions that balance their short- and long-term talent needs.
- Stakeholder / Client Engagement – You identify current and future talent needs through opportunistic exploratory and analysis of market demands, and proactively consult leaders to create new roles that bring in desired talent.
- Workforce Analysis – You assess and define talent/diversity gaps and hiring needs (e.g., skills, volume of hires) of an organization; you present this information to hiring managers to inform hiring plans and implement talent acquisition initiatives.
Required / Minimum Qualifications:
- 5+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), human resources experience, or industry experience related to role
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 3+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), human resources experience, or industry experience related to role.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- LinkedIn Certification.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos