Job Title: Senior Purchase Manager
Location: Issele Azagba, Delta State
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Purchasing / Procurement Department
Reporting to: General Manager
- Manage the daily operations of the Purchase Department.
- Consult with user department to develop a material specification.
- Initiate bid/quote processes for services and suppliers.
- Ensure accurate documentation and posting of procurement transactions
- Prepare enquiries for requisitions sent from the project sites and other departments that require foreign purchase.
- Negotiate with vendors to get the best possible discount on the purchase while maintaining the required standard
- Identifies and reports deficiencies or defects and monitor their resolution or contractual implications
- Perform bid analysis and make recommendations regarding purchases.
- Ensure purchase is in adherence to the approved vendors list provided
- Update the procurement spreadsheet/tracker to capture the current procurement stage for materials been purchased.
- Ensure the procurement plan is strictly adhered to, in order to ensure materials, arrive on site as at when required.
- Provide feedback on the overall procurement status of the project materials to the project manager, top management and client on a regular basis.
- Organize and coordinate the attendance of factory acceptance test by the client, contractor and TPI.
- Follow up on receipt of the material.
- A good First Degree in Purchasing and Supply or any related course. Alternatively, an Accounting Degree or an Engineering Degree would be preferred.
- Should have at Least Five (5) Years Experience in the manufacturing industry.
- A relevant professional certification is a MUST.
- Good Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Excel, SAP or ERP.
Application Closing Date
5th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!