Job Title: Senior Officer, Medical Laboratory Science
Application Code: NHIS/04/SO
Description of Duties
Under the supervision of the Coordinator of the State Office, the candidate will be expected to perform the following duties among others:
- Lead/participate in all quality management activities in the State Office including accreditation and other quality assurance functions.
- Implement and maintain grievance redressal mechanism and other accountability initiatives of the Scheme
- Provide technical assistance to the relevant State Social health Insurance/Contributory Agency/Scheme
- Provide technical support in implementing work plans for all areas of quality management initiatives including accreditation and reaccreditation
- Create synergies among the staff in the relevant Departments of the State Office.
- Contribute any operational framework that can lead to high performance, credibility and add value to the quality management activities of the State Office within the purview of the NHIS Operational Guidelines.
- Coordinate the activities of the State Call Center and ensure prompt issuance of authorization codes
- Coordinate the mining of data necessary for the review of NHIS Services Charges and NHIS Drug Price List in the State
- Carry out any other responsibility that may be assigned by the NHIS State Coordinator or their authorized representatives
An applicant is required to possess the following:
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree, or their equivalent, recognized by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm) degree or equivalent qualification, recognized by the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN)
- Qualified Nurse (i.e. BNSc or its equivalent, Registered Nurse/Midwife [RN/RM] or other specialized areas of Nursing)
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS) degree or equivalent qualification, recognized by the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN)
- Full registration with the relevant or appropriate Regulatory Council
- Current licence to practice issued by the relevant or appropriate Regulatory Council
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
- Note that for positions above the entry point for each cadre, appropriate number of years with cognate experience are required
- Possession of postgraduate qualification in public health, family medicine, health planning and management or equivalent is an added advantage and desired for higher positions.
- Experience and skill in monitoring and evaluation of healthcare services and facilities is desired.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letters attached with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of certificates with the Application / State Code (e.g. Abia State Code – NHIS/04/SO/AB) clearly written on the envelope should be addressed to “The Executive Secretary/CEO, National Health Insurance Scheme, Corporate Headquarters, Plot 297, POW Mafemi Crescent, Off Solomon Lar Way, Utako District, PMB 400 Garki Abuja FCT”.
All duly completed applications should be sent to: [email protected] and hard copies MUST be submitted to the respective NHIS State Office of interest (please check the link below for addresses of State Offices).
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!