Job Title: Senior Material and Corrosion Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry: Oil & Gas Engineering
- Ensure that all aspects of the disciplines scope of work on the projects (i.e., asset integrity assessment, and design of corrosion control systems, pipe internal corrosion monitoring/control, etc.) are effectively and satisfactorily discharged.
- Perform vital discipline engineering design and analytical tasks (materials selection, corrosion assessments, etc.) utilizing specialized engineering software including E.C.E Norsok, Hydrocorr, etc.
- Participate in and ensure the preparation of discipline deliverables including basis for design, selection/specification/evaluation of cathodic protection systems equipment (TRs, Anodes, isolating flanges, etc.) and other utility systems, MTOs, Data Sheets, Specification
- Liaising continuously with major material/equipment suppliers regarding the latest developments in technologies.
- Definition of the anticorrosion strategy using CP/ COATING / PAINTING / CHEMICAL TREATMENT/ CRA (corrosion resistant alloy) to optimize quality and costs.
- Issuing of engineering corrosion philosophy document including pipeline and Topside equipment review. Interface with Equipment / Electrical/ Instrumental engineering disciplines
- Transfer of the corrosion strategy to the discipline responsible of CP / Painting and Coating design.
- Design of the chemical treatment and CRA.
- Corrosion failure analysis upon Project/ Assets request.
- Bachelor’s Degree in (B. Eng/ B. Tech or Equivalent) in Material & Corrosion Engineering or Material & Metallurgical Engineering and other related discipline engineering.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in engineering design in the Oil & Gas Onshore/Offshore industries. Possession of Higher qualification and/ or more cognate experience in materials and corrosion engineering designs will be an added advantage.
- Candidates in Nigeria Must be COREN registered, while applicants outside
- Nigeria must belong to professional bodies registerable with COREN
- N750,000 – N1,000,000 monthly (Openly Negotiable)
Application Closing Date
23rd August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Senior Material and Corrosion Engineer” as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!