Job Title: Senior Manager, Tax
Location: Golden Plaza, Lagos
Employment Status: Permanent
Departmet: Financial Reporting / Tax, Insurance
Unit: Not Specified
Core Purpose of the Job
- To coordinate and report on all tax accounting, compliance, planning, advisory and risk management functions in MTN Nigeria.
- This will entail internal and external stakeholder engagements with a view to achieving the MTNN’s corporate objective of being a responsible corporate entity and maximizing shareholders’ returns.
- Proactively manage and engage relevant tax authorities.
- Gather new tax legislation/rules and assess impact of proposed and actual changes in tax law on the company.
- Identify and manage tax risks across MTN Nigeria and provide guidance to the Board and MTN Group on potential up or downside. (Tax risk facilitator per Group nomenclature)
- Define and implement MTNN’s tax strategy.
- Represent MTNN before various tax bodies for audits, advocacy, escalations, etc. and ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Liaising with the MTN Group Tax for all tax planning and efficiencies that can be brought to the MTN Nigeria business.
- Ensure compliance with new and old tax laws and accounting standards as they relate to all tax areas.
- Provide advisory services and liaise with relevant divisions on tax compliance and accounting matters.
- Negotiate tax agreements within acceptable company guidelines.
- Resolving tax queries with relevant authorities.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- B.A, B.Ed, B.Sc or Other.
Experience & Training:
- 9 – 17 years’ work experience in tax administration including;
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in a public limited liability entity
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience in tax.
- Telecoms industry experience will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!