Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Learning Advisor
Job Code: sfh-14336
Location: Abuja HQ
Job type: Full-time
Duration of Contract: Fixed Term Hire
About Adolescents 360 Amplify Project (A360-A)
- The project aims to build on the innovative approaches of the Adolescents 360 in designing programs to improve the sexual and reproductive health of adolescent girls aged 15 – 19, primarily through increasing voluntary use of modern contraceptives in three (3) African countries.
- The purpose of Adolescents 360 Amplify is to build on the successes of Adolescents 360 used to break down barriers to adolescent access and use of contraception while increasing the voluntary use of modern contraceptives among adolescent girls aged 15 – 19 years in 10 Nigerian states.
- The project intends to use a replicable Human-Centered Design (HCD), Youth Engagement fused with Developmental Neuroscience and Anthropology that allows us to understand how the interplay of adolescent development (biological, cognitive, social, emotional, and sexual), culture and sexual norms affects Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) behavior.
- This position will be responsible for strategizing, implementing, and coordinating all A360 Nigeria learning activities.
- Their responsibilities will include supporting the design of tools and systems for knowledge management; leading information and lessons learned dissemination, and providing organizational development support to the core team.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Design tools and processes for rapid, ongoing technical learning, suited to programme team work plans and deliverables.
- Conduct process documentation of country-based design work.
- Facilitate and document action point reviews regularly to ensure structured, team-wide pause, reflection, and learning.
- In collaboration with the learning, M&E, and marketing leads, develop and execute prototyping assessment protocols including rubrics for assessment and standards/templates for documentation of prototypes, ensuring alignment with agreed-upon thresholds of evidence and methodological rigor.
- Document prototyping including methods, prototype characteristics, and assessment results.
- Develop dynamic prototype ‘report cards’ tailored to the country context to ensure documents are ready for external audiences’ engagement and critical learning exchange.
- In line with the project technical documentation guidelines, support development of technical publications (grey literature) reflecting the project process and learning publications that go beyond surface promotional publications, to critically examine technical strategy and its implementation.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Social Science or related field and 8 years of related work experience; OR Master’s degree in relevant social science or related field and 5 years of related work experience
Skills and Competency required:
- Expert knowledge in learning and project management practices in international development.
- Experience in donor-funded projects
- Proven ability to manage and support complex portfolios.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Strong report writing skills and abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
Application Closing Date
28th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!