Job Title: Senior Full Stack Developer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking to hire an experienced Node.js Developer to join the team and take up the challenge of developing and caring for our online publishing platform that has over 10 million active monthly users.
- This role reports to our Director of Tech and can be based in our Accra or Lagos office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will work within a product team to develop features that support various parts of the publishing process for newsrooms the newsrooms of Pulse Ghana, Pulse Nigeria, Pulse Live Kenya, Pulse Senegal, and Business Insider Africa.
- You will work on website optimization tasks meant to improve the speed, SEO-performance, and general user experience of our websites.
- You will also be required to analyze and debug issues within our CMS and websites.
Skills and experience required:
- You should have experience writing both client-side and server-side applications using React, Vue, Node.js, or similar modern JS web frameworks.
- You should possess good problem-solving capability with the ability to deliver high-quality product releases on time.
- You should have at least 3+ years of professional experience working with current web technologies.
- Good knowledge of HTML5, AMP, CSS3 (SASS / LESS), Webpack.
- Must be familiar with Design Patterns, Web Services – RESTful, good with database knowledge.
- Openness to learning new technologies, languages, and tools.
- Experience with the scrum methodology Jira, Bitbucket & Bamboo tools.
- You have good communication skills, be committed to your work, and be dependable.
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused.
Remuneration, Benefits & Conditions
- You’ll grow a lot at Pulse because you’ll be assigned responsibilities that challenge you and help you to acquire new skills. We expect high performance, so rest assured you will have the right tools and support to do a great job.
- We offer you a competitive salary, great insurance cover, and generous time off so that you can take care of your wellbeing – we prefer our team to be energized and productive.
- As a digital media company, we work partially remotely and partially from the office – we think it’s important for collaboration and team building to still see each other and work together in person occasionally!
Application Closing Date
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos, Nigeria