Job Title: Senior Financial Accountant
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and maintenance of periodic financial reports and records.
- Prepare for and review annual audit work papers and ensure adjustments journals are passed to agree company’s books and records with the audited financial statements
- Monthly review of bank reconciliations, loan schedules, etc.
- Manage all intercompany transactions and ensure reconciliation
- Develop and monitor all financial systems with a view to improve and streamline procedures.
- Ensure that policies and procedures set by Group are implemented and internal controls are operating effectively.
- Ensure that all accounting systems, procedures are in line with the International Accounting Standards and IFRS
- Maintain quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Continuously update, review and document the Company’s financial policies and procedures
- Lead staff development and succession planning for financial control team members
- Implements effective accounting procedures and internal controls which conform to corporate standards and best practices.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties
- Maintain efficient and effective fixed assets system covering the day-to-day recording and control over the company’s fixed assets.
- Scrutinize payment vouchers before payment is effected with a view to controlling expenses.
- Ensure Audit report recommendations are followed up and implemented according to company’s procedures.
- Ensuring timely rendition of statutory returns to government agencies
- Ensure and supervises the documentation of Asset & Liabilities Committee Meeting ( ALCO)
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations, presenting strategies to the management
- Responsible to legally minimizes tax liabilities through informed application of tax laws and regulations
- Establish appropriate system or processes for tax risk management for the Group
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues
- Other internal and external audit and tax-related functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related fields.
- 5 years’ experience in the field at minimum, preferably in the Financial Services industry
- Internationally recognized accounting professional qualifications (ACA CPA, ACCA, CMA,)
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed analytical, accounting skills and IFRS Knowledge
- Proven record of leading and developing subordinates
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task and delegate
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!