Job Title: Senior Finance and Operations Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Starting Date: 10/18/2021.
- Tuberculosis Data, Impact Assessment, and Communications Hub (TB DIAH) is a five-year Associate Award funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and is implemented by the Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina (UNC) at Chapel Hill and sub-recipient John Snow Inc. (JSI).
- The objective of TB DIAH is to ensure optimal demand and analysis of both routine and non-routine TB data for decision-making and their appropriate use to support interventions, policies, and performance management of national governments, ministries of health, national TB programs, USAID and other stakeholders.
- The Senior Finance and Operations Officer is responsible for supporting the Finance & Admin Manager with safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of TB DIAH project and ultimately USAID or other donor against fraud, loss or misuse.
- The Senior Finance & Operations Officer is responsible for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Organization policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- The Senior Finance & Operations Officer is aware of and adheres to Organizations’ procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- In collaboration with the JSI F&A Manager, establish and maintain a financial and administrative system fulfilling all USAID rules and regulations and in line with JSI financial policies and procedures;
- Ensure timely review of the accounting vouchers and upload them in the HO google folder
- In collaboration with the TB DIAH technical team and the JSI F&A Manager, develop budgets for specific activities
- Ensure timely monthly cash flow request due to the home office
- Ensure documentation associated with financial transactions meets JSI/donor requirements;
- In coordination with the JSI F&A Manager, ensure all office space, utilities and other routine payments are paid in time as per lease agreements and the payment schedule is constantly updated;
- Ensure that payments are processed accurately, timely, and safely (to minimize Organization’s risk exposure)
- Ensure that treasury practices in country minimize Organization’s cash exposure
- Completes administrative and financial tasks associated with the operations of the project;
- Manages services agreements and ensures prompt, regular payment of associated bills;
- Maintains and records TB DIAH project inventory; Manage office stationery stock, other office supplies and maintain stationery tracking sheet;
- Schedules and arranges travel requirements for staff and short-term consultants;
- In coordination with the JSI F&A Manager, ensure cleanliness and safety of all areas of the office;
- Ensures strict compliance with GON regulations on COVID-19 guidelines, promotes a conducive working environment that mitigates the spread of COVID-19
- Ensure proper management related to HR and logistic issues;
- Ensure that all expenses incurred by the project are paid for in a timely manner.
- Degree in Business Administration or related field, with a focus on Accounting or Finance. Master degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience in similar programs;
- Experience with USAID programs and knowledge of policies and procedures;
- Experience with project financial management, including financial controls, as well as reporting on accruals, pipeline, and expense validation and reimbursement to service providers
- Managerial and supervisory experience of operations staff preferred;
- Experience managing financial and administrative resources for USAID projects;
- Proven coordination between technical, administrative, and financial functions;
- Experience in capacity building in supervision and management tools;
- Professional English required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Application Closing Date
24th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
- If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.
- Please read this notice entitled Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law, and this “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!