Job Title: Senior Engineer (Power Transformer Maintenance)
Location: Ijede, Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- Responsible for the maintenance and installation of transformers, mobile maintenance units, tools, and equipment.
- Provide guidance on maintenance solution
- Maintenance of transformer and metering of electrical equipment
- Supervise maintenance measures in electrical equipment and ensuring high quality of maintenance
- Develop specifications for main power and auxiliary power transformers, translating turbine system requirements into hardware definition
- Develop and drive cost reduction ideas for transformers, cables and other related parts, to deliver the lowest cost of electricity for our end customers
- Examines objects, systems, or facilities and analyzes information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs
- Promotes safety and conducts oneself in accordance with all safety guidelines at all times
- Supports repairs on various transformers and transformer components
- Enforces maintenance policies and procedures
- In depth knowledge with Transformer Maintenance and Transformer components
- In depth knowledge of Transformer Maintenance Equipment
- Ensures maintenance technicians comply with all company policies and procedures
- Support in planning resource requirements for electrical maintenance of electrical equipment
- Prepare periodic report for the attention of the Lead Engineers
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or any relevant field
- Eight (8) to Twelve (12) years’ experience with knowledge of maintenance and testing of transformer with a minimum of 15MVA capacity.
- A post graduate degree or any relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of transformer installation and must have experienced the overhaul of transformer
Skills and Competencies:
- Technical knowledge of electrical systems
- Understanding of working of equipment and history of equipment
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures with respect to maintenance of main plant, transformers etc.
- Experience with low and medium voltage power distribution and breaker / fuse selection and coordination
- Technical trouble shooting and ability to identify root cause of problems to avoid recurrence
- Knowledge of safety requirements and environmental aspects of power generation
- Knowledge of power generation process and commercial and tariff aspects
- Knowledge of modern maintenance management practices and spares inventory management
- Knowledge of statutory guidelines related to electrical equipment Knowledge of Engineering, Erection and Operations
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Address Ijede, Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria