Job Title: Security Assistant
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employment Type: Contract
- The Security Assistant will be responsible for the assessments, security related guidance and enforce implementation of JDPC’s security policies, guidelines and procedures with the support of the Security Manager.
- This will involve but is not limited to promoting a culture of security; security incident reporting; monitoring and analysing the security situation in the project locations, supporting the development and implementation of Security related Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs).
- This post will be based in Damaturu (Yobe State).
- Assist in ensuring that appropriate safety and security systems are in place to provide timely and accurate security information to all staff members and visitors.
- Assist in leading incident management, lessons learned and any follow up actions / changes to procedures.
- Be always readily available to advise on security developments.
- Conduct regular site visits to field sites to assess safety / security arrangements and report to superiors.
- Assist in monitoring and implementation of safety and security protocols and promptly advise JDPC of any non-compliance and /or concerns / issues.
- Report, analyze and communicate current security situation.
- Ensure compliance with the incident reporting system and ensure that the incident register is updated regularly.
- Assist in conducting ongoing threat assessments and compile daily/weekly situation reports/monthly security analysis and ensure that the information is shared in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain regular contact with other agency security focal points and local authorities related to security issues and concerns especially in program implementation areas in order to gather reliable security information, facilitate the sharing of best practices and the adoption of an integrated approach where possible.
- Regular attendance of security related meetings and share security related information
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science or any related discipline.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience at the national or international NGOs in safety and security functions
- Experience in liaising with communities, civilians, police and / or military government authorities as well as with regional institutions preferred.
- Excellent negotiation and representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff in a very sensitive environment.
- Good context analysis skills.
- Competent and literate in local North East languages (Hausa and/or Kanuri), verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions.
- Willingness to travel at short notice, and often in difficult circumstances.
- Highly organized and systematic with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills.
- Experience providing safety and security orientation for all new staff, short term technical assistance, expats staff / visitor / guests and facilitate training for existing staff.
- Experience complying with systems put in place to enhance security skills and awareness in areas of accident prevention, safety, health and occupational hazards.
- Experience conducting routine crisis management exercises for all staff and management.
- Experience conducting regular mock drills in all offices (e.g. fire drill, evacuation, etc.)
- Experience promoting and encouraging a safe and environmentally sound culture.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should mail/send their CV and Cover Letters to: [email protected] with the position applied for and Location as the Subject of the Mail.
- Females are encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted afterwards
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Damaturu, Yobe