Job Title: Scope Officer
Location: Monguno Borno,
Employment Type: Full-time
Programme Management, Development, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Supervise the Scope Registration activities and provide appropriate guidance and oversight in daily field activities in respect of WFP procedure and requirements.
- Ensure the compliance with WFP and ACTED process and requirements.
- Plan and follow related activities such as registration and distribution of Scope cards.
- Ensure comprehensive project cycle management, with overall supervision of daily activities.
- Ensure that M&E plan is established and implemented in liaison with AMEU officer.
- Supervise and train SCOPE registrars, project staff on Scope online/offline system focusing on efficient planning, coordination, and implementation and monitoring of the project activities.
- Participate actively in the monitoring of the project in collaboration with the AMEU Officer with a specific attention on the efficiency of the WFP biometric registration system.
- Collaborate with related ACTED departments and other implementing partners to identify opportunities for integrated programming, promoting best practices and developing shared policy approaches.
- Prepare and submit all Scope project internal and external donor reports.
Training & Capacity development:
- Through direct technical assistance provision, build the capacity of programme staffs (registrars); identify staff development needs and design/suggest appropriate staff development approaches.
- Provide ongoing technical support and mentorship for the unit staff to develop professional and technical competency.
- Provide technical feedback on daily, weekly and monthly registration reports received from Scope project unit, ensuring that established programme targets and objectives are being met.
Coordination & Partnership:
- Represent ACTED in relation with WFP SCOPE unit.
- Liaise closely with WFP Maiduguri Office regarding to Scope registration activities.
- Meet with partners and donor agencies during field visits.
- Promote a positive profile of the programme and good understanding among other sectors, partners and communities about the Scope related activities.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders – WFP, Community support groups, community leaders, to enhance multi-agency and multi-sectoral cooperation and coordination.
- Liaise with formal and informal local authorities to insure communication and transparency of the SCOPE registration process.
- Provide the necessary tools for a fair and transparent beneficiary selection.
- Manage all IT and site material, logistic and fleet issue in coordination with ACTED relevant departments to ensure WFP/ACTED standard on registration sites are met
- Manages all scope project teams directly, including enumerators and SCOPE registrars
- Participate in the recruitment and mentorship of Scope registrars and enumerators
- Hold regular meetings with project management team to plan and address any concerns and share feedback regarding SCOPE registration activities.
- Maximise all SCOPE process security, in liaison with the security officer, for both staffs and beneficiaries. Report all security incidents or relevant information to the PM and Security officer
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in IT, Statistics, Social Sciences, or any closely related field.
- Strong IT skills will be an added advantage
- Prior experience with WFP SCOPE registration is desired
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant working experience with humanitarian program in a similar context.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS excel.
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communications
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts
- Demonstrated skills in management, teamwork, negotiation and consensus-building
- High-level attention to detail and managing complex relationships and communications
- Goal-oriented with the ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability and willingness to work and live in challenging conditions
- Contract length: 6 months with the possibility of extension
- Level: D2-1 (national contract)
- Start date: ASAP
- Location Monguno
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
Carefully observing the details as follows:
- Cover Letter and an updated CV should be a single document (not exceeding 4 pages) in English
- Contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional references must be provided, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer including that of the HR/Admin person. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applicants who are able to perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV’s – only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail; otherwise, it may not be considered
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. We apologies for the inconvenience.
- ACTED considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location borno