Job Title: Roving Supply Chain Coordinator
Reference ID: 210005C5
Location: Abuja (with ability to deploy within 72 hours to any newly arising needs in any SC’s implementing and accessible areas)
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Contract Length: 6 Months
Programme: Humanitarian Fund (HF)
Reports to: Roving Operations Manager, Rapid Response Team
Staff Directly Reporting to this Post: None
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
- Save the Children Nigeria will establish and train a Roving Rapid Response Team. The Team will be based in Abuja, with the ability to mobilize and respond within 72 hours to any newly arising needs in any SC’s implementing and accessible areas. The Roving Rapid Response Team will be trained in conducting rapid needs assessment and time managing the start-up of the responses while supporting new proposals development and further on appropriate handover to the FO’s teams. In the first phase, the Team will be led and composed mainly by HSTs, and it is expected to become nationalized entirely within a period of 6 months.
- The Supply Chain Coordinator in the Rapid Response Team will essentially be accountable for developing and delivering a supply chain strategy for deployed project locations aiming to support programmes implementation through effective and optimized Supply Chain models, which can deliver on needs in varying contexts.
- While increasing effectiveness and optimization in the SCI supply chain, she/he will ensure Save the Children Nigeria field office will be able to manage costs efficiently while delivering high-quality goods and services to our programmes, and procurement processes are compliant with the requirements of SCI’s significant donors across the country.
- The Supply Chain Coordinator will be responsible for managing a Supply Chain team based in any deployed location, supporting the implementation of all SCI procurement policies and controls within their scope of influence, providing technical support and guidance to field offices on their Supply Chain efficiency.
- The role will also ensure that the coordinator put in place an efficient inventory management system able to track all IN and OUT movement with accurate data and a clear strategy on Assets and Fleet management.
Key Areas Of Accountability
- Responsible for the overall field deployment procurement processes for the duration of the assignment.
- Ensure SCI procurement policies and templates are known by staff and implement in all procurement processes.
- Support ProSave usage and provide timely and quality support to the assigned field offices while.
- Responsible for escalating any procurement and ProSave challenges with Supply Chain Country Office senior management and follow through to ensure all issues are resolved
- Provide technical support and guidance to field offices on the development of local and national supply chain strategies, including local and national contracts and supplier assessments related to quality assurance, reliability, agility, and ability to increase capacity in emergency contexts.
- Accountable for costs efficiency and value for Money in all SCI procurement processes.
- Support in putting in place various Framework Agreements aiming to improve procurement efficiency
- Ensure Procurement Trackers across the Country are regularly updated and shared.
- Oversight relationships with suppliers and ensure they adhere to SCI policies, mainly Child safeguarding and Anti frauds and bribery.
- Review all procurement contracts before they are submitted for signatories.
- A focal point for all international orders placed through Regional Procurement Unit
- Create a continuous learning environment where staff are encouraged and supported to grow and develop and are willing to be held accountable for their commitments.
- Provide Guidance to programme and field managers on goods & services price and lead time during the new proposals writing stage.
- Develop and maintain good relations with Field managers and field logisticians.
- Oversight of the procurement manager and Team and ensure objectives are met.
Assets, Warehousing & Fleet Management:
- Ensure deployed field offices use Total Inventory Management (TIM) in day-to-day warehouse management.
- Ensure all stocks movements are captured within TIM online
- Ensure all best practices for SCI warehouse management are in place and adhere by all staff.
- Ensure warehouse policies and templates are known and used by all staff.
- Conduct spot checks and ensure bad practices are corrected and, if necessary, share information with Roving Operations Manager for immediate adequate actions.
- Alert programme on stocks about to expiry for proper actions.
- Ensure the office has a master assets list that is regularly updated.
- Ensure all new purchase assets before being used are registered in the assets list and tag before being used.
- Ensure all assets being used in field office are tracked with users’ form
- Ensure any assets damaged or lost are communicated to Roving Ops Manager.
- Ensure drivers and users of the fleet are compliant with SCI policies and regulations.
- Ensure fleet resources are efficiently used to their optimum for delivery of SCI programmes.
- Ensure fleet maintenance is cost-efficient for the field and country office
- Ensure monthly fleet data are produced and accurate.
Management & Reporting Tasks:
- Ensure the field office team has clear, ambitious, and realistic supply chain objectives set up.
- Ensure weekly/monthly reports are completed, and data are accurate.
- Conduct analyses of reports
- Ensure KPIs, procurement trackers, and fleet reports are shared monthly with the country office supply chain Team.
- Support the development and implementation of Supply Chain Strategy field offices with appropriate and scalable supply chain systems and tools to support emergency responses and ongoing programmes.
- Be willing to undertake regular travel and work with minimum supervision under challenging conditions in varying locations (including remote locations) to support local field offices supply chain team development.
- Monitor the performance and management of the Save the Children supply chain at the field office and provide technical support as needed to ensure optimization and accountability within supply chain activities.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- As set out above, the duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or similar
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the successful development and implementation of a logistics and supply chain strategy and infrastructure for a global operation
- Field level experience in managing complex supply chains for INGOs in international development and emergency programmes
- Experience in managing diversify Team
- Knowledge of key institutional donors and their compliance requirements in respect of supply chain.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Experience solving complex issues through analysis, the definition of a clear way forward, and ensuring buy-in.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies, including traveling at short notice and for extended periods
Skills and Behaviours (Our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, and their Team takes responsibility for their personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members, and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- It cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgment
Application Closing Date
9th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe, so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to protecting children from abuse.
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!